The Michigan Tech Retired Employees Association's mission is to help you stay in touch with the friends you made while working at Tech, to keep you informed about campus activities and to provide volunteer and learning opportunities.
Membership is automatic for all who retire from employment at Michigan Tech, including faculty, staff, and administrators, in addition to their spouses, partners, widows and widowers. Others with special connections to campus are welcome, as well. The intent of the Retiree Association is to be inclusive in its membership. There are no dues, membership in the MTREA is free.
C-Cubed (Conversation, Community, Collegiality) Luncheons are held Thursdays and Fridays through the end of spring semester, from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm, in MUB B001. All faculty and staff, along with their guests, are invited. More than 40 people attended last Friday!
The menu this week includes:
Thursday, March 6:
- Kerala-style beef stew
- Spicy beans and wilted greens (kale and bean stew)
- Tomato, cucumber and feta salad
- Bite-sized garlic bread with fresh herbs
Friday, March 7
- Grilled ham (or grilled tomato) sandwiches with smoked gouda cheese, greens, and caramelized onions (Send a request by Thursday, Mar. 5, for gluten free bread to email@example.com)
- Kale minestrone soup with pistou
- Warm apple crisp with cream
Lunch is $10 (cash and credit both accepted); attendees may bring their own lunch instead of purchasing the buffet. Coffee, tea, iced tea, cookies and fruit will be available. Please come and help make this community-building initiative a success.
View of the center of the campus mall from Rekhi Hall.