COMING JULY 1, 2021...
We know that being a student in the UP can be tough - that’s why tenacity is our middle name (or at least it should be)! One thing we know about thriving in college, living in 3+ feet of snow, and growing together is that it takes lots of resources. This is why we’re bringing you one more option for counseling support at MTU.
My SSP is a 24/7 telehealth counseling support service that offers free online resources and Student Support Counselors that can help you succeed while at Michigan Tech. Customize your experience with preferred methods of communication (chat, phone or video), language and culture matching, and real-time ongoing support.
My SSP Highlights
- Mental Health Emergency Crisis Support
- 24/7/365 access to emergency and crisis support
- For students
- Free for all MTU students
- Easy to download app
- 24/7 support
- Can access support from anywhere in the world
- Chat/text option
- Self-help Resources; including fitness videos, sleep tips, etc.
- Ongoing Counseling / Mental Health Support
- Crisis Support
- Multitude of languages supported
- Counselors from multiple social and cultural backgrounds
- For Faculty/Staff
- Resources about how to help a student available through the app
- Get advice from a counselor about how to navigate a situation with a student
- Consultations with a counselor about student issues
What Can My SSP Counselors Help With?
- Anxiety & Stress
- Adapting to a new culture or campus
- Being successful at school
- Relationships with friends and family
- Healthy eating and sleeping habits
- Sadness & Depression
- Feeling Overwhelmed
- And More...
My SSP counselors are licensed Masters and PhD level clinicians, so they can offer a wide range of mental health support services.
This program is confidential within the limits of the law. No one will know you have reached out unless you choose to tell them.
For More Information