Being a student in the UP can be tough - that’s why tenacity is our middle name! One thing we know about thriving in college, living in 3+ feet of snow, and growing together is that it takes lots of resources. This is why we’re bringing you one more option for counseling support at MTU.
My SSP is a 24/7 telehealth counseling support service that offers free online resources and Student Support Counselors that can help you succeed while at Michigan Tech. Customize your experience with preferred methods of communication (chat, phone or video), with options for multilingual, identity, and cultural matching support. Individual counseling appointments upon request.
You Can Call My SSP At: 1.877.376.7896 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001.416.380.6578)
DOWNLOAD THE MOBILE APP TODAY!
My SSP Highlights
This program is confidential within the limits of the law. No one will know you have reached out unless you choose to tell them.
24/7/365 access to emergency mental health support
- Free for MTU students
- Easy to download
- Access from anywhere in the world
- Chat/text option
- Self-help resources
- Ongoing counseling & mental health support
- Crisis support
- Multiple languages supported
- Match with a counselor that has a diverse identity, cultural, and social background
- Find resources aimed at helping students.
- Consultations available regarding student concerns and how to approach problems.
What Can My SSP Counselors Help With?
My SSP counselors are licensed Masters and PhD level clinicians, so they can offer a wide range of mental health support services.
- Anxiety & Stress
- Adapting to a new culture or campus
- Being successful at school
- Relationships with friends and family
- Healthy eating and sleeping habits
- Sadness & Depression
- Feeling Overwhelmed
- And More...
A Note From Our Staff
We at the Center care deeply about the needs of our students, and we want each person to be able to access services in the way that best suits their needs. That being said, sometimes there are situations where services through the Center are not available or practical. For example, a student may need support over the weekend, or immediately following a difficult exam, or maybe they are away from campus on winter break, co-op, or study abroad. Perhaps, the limitation of business hours and a busy schedule get in the way of reaching out or a desire to meet with someone with a shared identity. In these situations, the flexible nature of My SSP can be extraordinarily helpful to students! My SSP allows students to have access to around the clock support with a mental health professional and also the ability to receive individual counseling from the comfort of their own home during the time they desire. Services, whether provided through the Center or through My SSP are provided by licensed counselors who are here to provide students with the support they are seeking to grow or maintain their mental health and well-being needs.
For More Information
- Call My SSP: 1.877.376.7896 (If calling from outside North America, dial 001.416.380.6578)
- Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call our center: 906-487-2538