The University Senate of Michigan Technological University
(Voting Units: Academic)
“Proposal to Shelve Certificate Program: Certificate in Modern Language”
PDF version of Proposal 14-16
Department of Humanities
Contact: Ron Strickland, Professor and Chair
Department of Humanities (email@example.com)
1. Full name of program to be shelved: Certificate in Modern Language and Area Studies
2. Final term program will be open for new admits: Fall 2015
3. Plan to complete all enrolled students and any returning students:
No courses are being eliminated. Enrolled and returning students will have the option of completing the certificate with existing courses.
4. Reason for shelving: Certificate is not needed; it duplicates our existing minor in Modern Language.
5. Financial impact (if any) to the department and university: None
Introduced to Senate: 03 February 2016
Approved by Senate: 17 February 2016
Approved by Administration: 26 February 2016