- Academic - Chemical Engineering
- Senate President
- Senate Term Ends - 2024
Steve Knudstrup - Senator
- Professional Staff - Technology
- Senate Vice President
- Senate Term Ends 2024
Robert Hutchinson - Senator
- Academic - College of Business
- Senate Secretary
- Senate Term Ends - 2023
Duties of Senate Assistant
- Provide administrative support to the University Senate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receive, open, and route mail.
- Receive and route telephone calls.
- Answer routine questions and provide information on University Senate activities.
- Compose routine correspondence, perform data entry and word processing functions, and maintain the database of Senate constituents.
- Coordinate room schedules for Senate activities.
- Assist the Senate Secretary in transcribing, interpreting, and summarizing Senate minutes from audio and video tapes.
- Maintain Senate Committee written and computerized files.
- Organize and prepare minutes of the Senate Executive Committee meetings.
- Prepare Senate meeting agendas and distribute as appropriate.
- Monitor Senate budget.
- Maintain Senate library and archives.
- Maintain the Senate website.
- Assist in technical preparation of Senate proposals.
- Attend and assist at evening Senate meetings.
- Provide advice on interpretation of Senate constitution and by-laws to Senate officers.
- Purchase office supplies as needed.