Senate Proposal: No
Responsible University Officer: Chief Financial Officer
Responsible Office: Purchasing Department
Departments are encouraged to suggest vendors on the purchase requisition with complete addresses, particularly for unusual or nonstandard items. When determining the vendor, departments are encouraged to search for vendors listed with socioeconomic status.
To aid in selecting a vendor, do the following:
- Search for a vendor listed with a socioeconomic status by doing the following:
- Open a web browser such as Internet Explorer or Mozilla Fire Fox.
- Go to the web site for Central Contractor Registration, found here: https://www.bpn.gov/CCRSearch/Search.aspx
- This site also contains Quick Links which gives additional opportunities to search for small business vendors. If a vendor is found to be competitive, include the name and complete address on the purchase requisition.
- If the DUNS Number is known, do the "Simple Search," if not known do the "Advanced Search".
- Enter the Company Name if known, or if not known search by City and State.
- When the desired vendor is known, complete a Purchase Requisition entering the vendor information under "Vendor" and include name and address, as well as telephone and/or fax number, Web site and/or e-mail, if known.
- NOTE: If vendor address is unknown, refer to Purchasing's On-Line Vendor Search Form, found here: http://www.mtu.edu/fso/financial/information-systems/inquiries/.
Follow the instructions.
Forms and Instructions
Purchase Requisition (with a revised date of Jun-2010) found at: http://www.mtu.edu/fso/forms/purchasing/.
|04/10/2017||Transfer of policy page from HTML to CMS. Business and Finance numbers renamed from "2.2000" to "2. Business and Finance". Specifically from "2.2010.1—Selecting a Socioeconomic Vendor" to "2.10.1—Selecting a Socioeconomic Vendor".|