The Bachelor of Science in Engineering undergraduate degree program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
BSE Program Educational Objectives
Bachelor of Science in Engineering graduates are prepared to accomplish the following objectives:
- Join, or break ground in establishing a workforce in an emerging or blended discipline of engineering; and
- Secure employment in a profession or field for which an undergraduate engineering education is an asset; or
- Gain admission to and successfully complete a graduate program in an engineering discipline or in another field for which an engineering undergraduate degree is recognized as appropriate preparation for graduate work.
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.