Michigan Tech Accommodated Exams
- Students who require special accommodations for an exam, such as extra time or quiet space during their exam, follow this procedure:
1. The student contacts the Student Disability Services Office to obtain support and complete documentation request for an accommodation. If a request is approved for an accommodation, Student Disability Services will contact the instructor.
2. The student contacts the course instructor(s) at least 5 days prior to each exam to request accommodation arrangements. If the instructor chooses to use the Testing Center for the accommodations, they will make those arrangements with the Testing Center.
3. Once the Testing Center has been contacted by the instructor, the Testing Center will contact the student to make arrangements for the exam.
- Students should not attempt to negotiate accommodations with the Testing Center staff directly.
In order to schedule Testing Center facilities for a course exam, the instructor will make arrangements with the Testing Center and submit a request through RegisterBlast.
- For Michigan Tech courses, your instructor will provide you with information about date, time, location and policies.
- For courses not offered at Michigan Tech, you will need to submit payment through the Techshop page, and the Testing Center will contact you and your instructor to make arrangements.
The Michigan Tech Testing Center is a Pearson VUE Select Testing Center. This allows us to offer a wide variety of exams sponsored by Pearson VUE.
- Refer to this page to learn more about commercial exams scheduled at Michigan Tech Testing Center.
- Fees are not charged for the Testing Center administration of accommodated, computerized, or make-up exams for Michigan Tech courses. This no fee policy also applies to Michigan Tech online courses.
- Testing Center fees for proctoring apply for non-Michigan Tech courses and non-Michigan Tech students. Current Michigan Tech students and employees who would like to use the Testing Center for certifications* or non-Michigan Tech courses will be charged a $10 per exam fee. Non-Michigan Tech students, who need to take a proctored exam, will be charged a $25 per exam fee. Any Testing Center fees are in addition to whatever fees the tester may have already paid to register for the course or exam. Fees must be paid through the Techshop page, by visiting the Michigan Tech Testing Center tab. Once the fee is paid, you will be contacted to schedule a time for your exam.
- Many sponsored exams have their own fee schedule. If the sponsored exam has their own fee schedule, the above proctoring fee does not apply.
- All exam fees paid directly to the Michigan Tech Testing Center are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- For all course exams, including accommodated exams, you will need to follow your instructor's policy if you miss the scheduled exam in the Testing Center. If Michigan Tech is closed due to inclement weather, the Testing Center will be closed also. If you were scheduled for a proctored exam during this closure, please contact the instructor to reschedule the exam.
- Commercial exams may or may not be rescheduled depending on the exam sponsor’s policy and the reason. Contact the commercial exam sponsor regarding their policies for a missed exam.
Terms and Conditions
Please be familiar with the terms and conditions, provided in the Pre-Test Agreement.
- Online Pre-Test Agreement
- You will need to sign a copy of the Pre-Test Agreement when using the Testing Center:
- Note: An audio recording of this agreement is provided: Pre-Test Agreement Audio