Kedmon N. Hungwe
- Meese Center 210
- Professor, Cognitive and Learning Sciences
- PhD, Michigan State University, 1999
Kedmon Hungwe joined Michigan Technological in 2002. He was previously at the University of Zimbabwe where he was a Senior Lecturer in Education.
Links of Interest
- Cultural foundations of cognition
- Media theory and criticism
- Lifespan development theory
- STEM education
- Digital Literacy Project @ Rhodes University, Grahamstown, South Africa: with funding from Carnegie Foundation.
Hungwe, K. (2023). Re-discovering the affective foundations of cognition: Implications for theory and practice in education. In Saleh & Khine (ed.), New Science of Learning: Exploration in Mind, Brain, and Education. Brill: Leiden, Netherlands
Hungwe, K, Huntoon, J., Dean,D., Knack, K., & Kahler D. (2022) Becoming a Master Teacher: Situated Experiences of Middle Grades Science Teachers. Proceedings of The 4th World Conference on Teaching and Education, Oxford, UK
- Raber, M., & Hungwe, K. (2019). Mediating the transition between college and work. In Education, Design and Practice – Understanding skills in a Complex World. AMPS, Architecture_MPS; Stevens Institute of Technology New Jersey / New York: 17-19 June, 2019
- Hungwe, K. (1994). Educational Policy in African Colonial Contexts: The Case of Instructional Media in Southern Rhodesia (1930-1980) Read More
- Journal articles, book chapters, conference proceedings
- Hungwe, K.N.& Shonnard, D. (2018). Supporting curriculum reform in science education. International Journal of Science, Mathematics and technology, 25(1-2), 23-35.
- Hungwe, K (2006) A case study of workers’ development in a technologically changing work activity. Mind, Culture, and Activity: An International Journal. Read More
- K. Hungwe (2017) African Movies and the Global Mainstream: Interview with Ben Zulu. Film Art. (Translators: Zhu Yanran; Xie Wenrou. College of Foreign Languages, Zhejiang Normal University)
- Hungwe, K. (2016). Innovations on school reform: Technology and the impact on curriculum and teaching. In Anne Mungai (ed.) School Reform in High Need Schools: Teaching the next Generation. Sense publishers.
- Kedmon Hungwe (2016). Narrative and Ideology: Fifty years of filmmaking in Zimbabwe (叙事与意识形态：津巴布韦电影制作50年). The Journal of Beijing Film Academy (previously published in Media, Culture & Society). (Translators: Zhu Yanran; Xie Wenrou. College of Foreign Languages, Zhejiang Normal University) Read More
- Kedmon Hungwe (2016) ‘Learning to Labour: Children on Commercial Farms in Zimbabwe.’ In Elena Xeni (ed.) Explorations of Childhood(s). Oxford: IDP Press Read More
- Hungwe, K., Sorby, S., Molzon, R., Charlesworth, P. & Wang, M. (2014). Supporting the development of spatial visualization in middle grades and high school students. Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering. DOI: 10.1615/JWomenMinorScienEng.2014010709 Read More
- Murthy, P., Thompson, M., & Hungwe, K. (2014) The Development of a Semester-long, Inquiry-Based Laboratory Course in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. https://dx.doi.org/10.1021 J. Chem. Educ. DOI: 10.1021/ed400119u Read More
- Hungwe, K. (2013). The youth demographic: opportunity and challenge for developmental planning: a Zimbabwe case study. Journal of Educational and Social Research, 3 (6): 119-127. Doi:10.5901/jesr.2013.v3n6p119 Read More
- Englemann, C., Hungwe, K. & Klawiter, M. (2013). Michigan Teacher Excellence Program (MiTEP): Using Lesson Study for Professional Development. In Susan B. Koba, Brenda S. Wojnowski, & Robert E. Yager (eds.) Exemplary Science: Best Practices in Professional Development, Revised 2nd Edition. NSTA Press Read More
- Hungwe, K. (2012). Identity, self-interpretation and workplace change: An investigation of the work activity of machining. Journal of Adult Development. DOI 10.1007/s10804-011-9139-6 Read More
- Hungwe, K. (2010). Designing online learning environments for professional development. In Myint Swe Khine & Issa Saleh (Eds.). New Science of Learning: Cognition, Computers and Collaboration in Education (pp. 469-482). New York: Springer. Read More
- Hungwe, K. (2007) Language policy in Zimbabwean education: historical antecedents and contemporary issues. Compare, 37, 135-149. DOI:10.1080/03057920601165363 Read More
- Hungwe, K., Sorby, S. & Drummer, T. (2007). Preparing K-12 Students for Engineering Studies by Improving 3-D Spatial Skills. International Journal of Learning 14(2), 127-134. Read More
- Parolini, L., Sorby, S. & Hungwe, K. (2006). Developing 3-D Spatial Skills for K-12 Students. Engineering Design Graphics Journal, 70 (3), 1-11. Read More
- Hungwe, K. (2005). Narrative and Ideology: Fifty years of film-making in Zimbabwe. Media, Culture and Society, 27:83-99.
- 柯德蒙·尼亚沙·洪圭(Kedmon Nyasha Hungwe),Translators:朱嫣然(Zhu Yanran)、郑舒匀(Zheng Shuyun),非洲电影与世界主流电影——本·祖鲁访谈(African movies and the global mainstream:interview with Ben Zulu), 《电影新作》(New Film),2017(2),60-64. (Issue No: 230) (ISSN1005-6777 / CN31-1145). Read More