Effective Date: 2/26/2016
SEC. 4.1 ACTS PROHIBITED
No person shall sound any horn or signaling device on any bicycle, automobile, motorcycle, or other vehicle on any street or public place of the University, except as a danger warning; or create by means of any such signaling device of any unreasonable loud or raucous sound; sound any such device for an unnecessary and unreasonable period of time; use any horn, whistle or other device operated by engine exhaust; or use any such signaling device when traffic is for any reason held up.
SEC. 4.2 GENERAL PROHIBITION
No person shall operate a vehicle or bicycle producing, or operating in such a manner as to create unreasonably loud, disturbing, unnecessary or excessive and raucous noises.
SEC. 4.3 SOUND TRUCKS
No person shall operate, cause or permit to be operated any sound truck or other vehicle using any amplifier or loudspeaker upon the campus of Michigan Technological University unless the written permission of the Vice President for Administration or his designee has first been obtained.
- Chapter 1—Words and Phrases Defined
- Chapter 2—Traffic Administration and Authority
- Chapter 3—Traffic
- Chapter 4—Vehicular Noise
- Chapter 5—Parking
- Chapter 6—Pedestrians' Rights and Duties
- Chapter 7—Obedience to Traffic Regulations
- Chapter 8—Accidents - Traffic
- Chapter 9—Littering and Defacing Property
- Chapter 10—General Administration
- Chapter 11—Penalties and Procedure on Violations
- Chapter 12—Miscellaneous
- Chapter 13—Effective Date of Ordinance