AFROTC cadets are normal college students who have a few extra requirements each week.
- All cadets wear their uniform one day a week—usually on Tuesday (Uniforms are provided by the detachment.)
- Physical Training—Tuesday and Thursday, from 6 to 6:55 a.m.
- Leadership Laboratory—Tuesday afternoon, from 4:05 to 5:55 p.m.
- Air Force Class:
- General Military Course (GMC) cadets attend their Air Force class on Tuesday, between Physical Training (PT) and Leadership Lab (LLab).
- Professional Officer Course (POC) cadets attend their Air Force class at a predetermined time on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Following completion of these four years of training and receipt of a bachelor's degree, cadets receive a commission as a second lieutenant in the United States Air Force and go on to active duty shortly thereafter.
Students in certain majors (including engineering) can often choose to take five years to complete their degrees. As extended cadets, they continue their ROTC training with Leadership Labs and Physical Training.