All CIF users must review the general cleanliness rules for ACMAL.
Cell Culture Laboratory
Upon request, users can be assigned storage place for gloves, lab-coats and other supplies.
Reagents and Samples
- Label all reagents and samples stored in common areas. Unlabeled samples will be thrown away during weekly lab clean-up.
- Spills and other emergency situations MUST be handled according to the Incident Response SOP.
- All waste must be properly placed into the biosafety waste container. Containers are provided and will be cleaned weekly.
- If a user generates a lot of waste and fills out the container, they should remove the full plastic back from the container, seal it, and place a new bag into the waste container. Bags are located at the bottom of the waste container.
- Sharps, such as needles, scalpels, pipettes, and broken glassware, must be placed in the appropriate designated containers.
- Clean the internal surface of the Biosafety Cabinet with a 70% Ethanol/water solution. Bottles with the pre-mixed solutions are available. Please refill bottles upon usage. Ethanol and distilled water are available in the lab.
- Users must wash their hands after working with potentially hazardous materials and before leaving the laboratory.
- Use an appropriate disinfectant to clean work surfaces after completion of work and after any spill or splash of potentially infectious material.
- Use bleach or an autoclave to decontaminate all cultures, stocks, and other potentially infectious materials before disposal.