News and Media Relations
- Executive Director for Communications
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for
state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher
education administration, and creative writing.
- She enjoys spending time with family and friends and moonlights as a fiction writer
- Associate Director of Research Communications
- Sciences, Engineering and Technology
- School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science
- She focuses on writing new stories about Michigan Tech research -- everything from
robotic prostheses to mesocosms to the physics of raindrops.
- A University of Montana graduate, she earned a master's degree in environmental science
and natural resource journalism, which built on her bachelor's in geoscience from
- She also teaches dance through the Student Development Complex's community programs.
- She's a radio geek.
- VPA, Humanities, Cognitive & Learning Sciences, Social Sciences
- K-12/Youth Programs
- Student Activities/Student Affairs/Financial Aid/Advancement
- Science and Technology Publications Writer
- Her career includes writing for small-town newspapers in Montana and working as a
public information officer, an events coordinator, and science editor for an IEEE
- She enjoys hiking and cross-country skiing with her family, reading voraciously, crocheting,
and exploring the Keweenaw.
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has
written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- She co-creates, writes and edits content for the University’s myriad forms of new
media, including websites, blogs and other outreach across departments, for new and
existing members of the Michigan Tech community.
- She is a sailor who enjoys Yoga, social media, gardening, and anything near the water.
The debut novelist looks forward to writing more books.