- Director, University Marketing and Communications
- Administration Building G18
- Ian enjoys being outdoors, going for long jogs, and spending time with his wife, J.R., and their two boys, Cale and Crosby.
- Director of Operations
- She is the first person to contact when you are interested in working with UMC on a project.
- She loves to brainstorm new ideas for publications with clients and enjoys the variety of projects that come through UMC.
- Crystal is a great source when questions arise regarding University Identity Standards.
- A self-described “design nerd,” she finds herself picking up publications from a variety of different places (to read and critique).
- Director of Communications and Public Relations
- Cell: 906-398-7139
- Administration Building G21
- Stefanie leads UMC's communications strategy and serves as a special assistant for state relations endeavors.
- Her professional background includes experience in law, government relations, higher education administration, and creative writing.
- She earned her law degree at Arizona State University's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, her master's in creative writing from the University of Cambridge, and her bachelor’s in English at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte.
- She enjoys spending time her family and moonlights as fiction writer and editor.
"Just Go with It!"
Joel C. Vertin
- Director of Digital Services
- Administration Building G29A
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Content Management Theory
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Digital Analytics
- Web Accessibility
- Leading a web marketing revolution at Michigan Tech
- Serves on the HighEdWeb Association Membership Committee
- Is a Michigan Tech alumnus from Laurium
- Creative Director
- Administration Building G23B
- Associate Director of Research Communications
- Cell: 906-231-4271
- Administration Building G22
- Sciences, Engineering and Technology
- School of Forest Resources and Environmental Science
- She focuses on writing new stories about Michigan Tech research -- everything from robotic prostheses to mesocosms to the physics of raindrops.
- A University of Montana graduate, she earned a master's degree in environmental science and natural resource journalism, which built on her bachelor's in geoscience from Northland College.
- She also teaches dance through the Student Development Complex's community programs.
- She's a radio geek.
"So have your wits about you and dig in."
- Associate Director of Marketing Communications
- Cell: 906-370-1163
- Administration Building G16
- Manages client projects and teams to deliver high-quality, strategic marketing communications
- Works across campus and University Marketing and Communications as an arbiter of Michigan Tech's brand message
- Writes marketing communications including brand ads and enrollment materials
- Administration Building G19
Dawn M. Pichette
- Administrative Aide
- Administration Building G13