- Fisher 116
Assistant Professor, Physics
- PhD, Physics, Duke University
My current research focuses on experimental quantum optics and biophotonics. In the area of quantum optics, I am interested in developing entanglement source for quantum cryptography, communication, and information processing. My current interest is to investigate entanglement properties of photon-pairs generated through nonlinear process in optical nanomaterials. In the area of biophotonics, I am interested in developing nanoscale phase-space imaging based on Wigner phase-space distributions and near-field optics for studying optical coherence propagation in multiple scattering media.
Links of Interest
- Quantum Optics
- Entanglement and Quantum Information
- Yong Meng Sua, and Kim Fook Lee, “Macroscopic mechanical correlations using single-photon spatial compass state and operational Wigner function,” Phys. Rev. A 85, 062113 (2012).
- Yong Meng Sua, Erin Scanlon, Travis Beaulieu, Viktor Bollen, and Kim Fook Lee, “Intrinsic quantum correlations of weak coherent states for quantum communication,” Phys. Rev. A 83, 030302(R) (2011).
- Paul Rojas, Rachel Blaser, Yong Meng Sua, and Kim Fook Lee, “Optical phase-space-time-frequency tomography,” Optics Express 19, 7481-7490 (2011). This paper is also selected in Virtual Journal for Biomedical Optics. Vol. 6. Iss. 5. Read More
- Viktor Bollen, Yong Meng Sua, and Kim Fook Lee, “Direct measurement of Kirkwood-Richaczek distribution for the spatial properties of a coherent light beam”, Phys. Rev. A 81, 063826 (2010).
- Kim Fook Lee, “Observation of bipartite correlations using coherent light for optical communication,” Opt. Lett. 34, 1099 (2009).
- Worawarong Rakreungdet, Jae Hoon Lee, Kim Fook Lee, Brian E. Mischuck, Enrique Montano, and Poul S. Jessen, “Accurate microwave control and real-time diagnostics of neutral-atom qubits,” Phys. Rev. A 79, 022316 (2009).
- Jun Chen, Joseph B. Altepeter, Milja Medic, Kim Fook Lee, Burc GokdenRobert H. Hadfield, Sae Woo Nam and Prem Kumar, “Demonstration of a Quantum Controlled-NOT Gate in the Telecommunications Band,” Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 133603 (2008).
- Jun Chen, Kim Fook Lee, and Prem Kumar, “Deterministic quantum splitter based on time-reversed Hong-Ou-Mandel interference,” Phys. Rev. A, 76, 031804(R) (2007).