- Fisher 115
Professor, Physics and Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Physics, City University of New York
Professor Levy's field of expertise is photonics. In recent years he has worked on the development of magnetic photonic crystals in planar geometries. His research presently centers on the physics and applications of magneto-photonic crystals, especially of near-band-edge and resonance phenomena, as well as on nonreciprocal and unidirectional optical Bloch oscillatory phenomena.
- Condensed Matter Physics
- R. El-Ganainy, Pradeep Kumar and Miguel Levy, “On-chip optical isolation based on non-reciprocal resonant delocalization effects,” Optics Letters 38, 61-63, Jan. 2013.
- Pradeep Kumar and Miguel Levy, “On-chip optical isolation via unidirectional Bloch oscillations in a waveguide array,” Optics Letters 37, 3762-3764, Sept. 2012.
- Anton I. Ignatov, Alexander M. Merzlikin, Miguel Levy and Alexey P. Vinogradov, “Formation of Degenerate Bandgaps in Layered Systems,” Photonic Materials and Applications, Materials 5, 1055-1083, June 2012
- Photonic Materials and Applications, Miguel Levy, Mitsuteru Inoue, Bethanie Stadler, Editors, Special Issue of Materials Journal, Basel, Switzerland, 2012 Read More
- Pradeep Kumar and Miguel Levy, "Unidirectional optical Bloch oscillations in asymmetric waveguide arrays," Optics Letters 36, 4359-4361, Nov 2011. Read More
- Ashim Chakravarty, Miguel Levy, Amir A. Jalali, Zhuoyuan Wu, Alexander M. Merzlikin, “Elliptical normal modes and stop band reconfiguration in multimode birefringent one-dimensional magneto-photonic crystals,” Phys Rev B 84, 094202, Sept. 2011. Read More
- A. Ignatov, A. M. Merzlikin and Miguel Levy, “Linkage between anisotropic and gyrotropic degenerate band gaps,” Journal of the Optical Society of America B 28, 1911-1915, Aug. 2011.
- Neluka Dissanayake, Miguel Levy, A. Chakravarty, P. A. Heiden, N. Chen , J. Fratello, “Waveguide magneto-photonic crystal optical sensors with sensitive covers,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 99, 091112, Sept 2011. Read More
- Miguel Levy and Pradeep Kumar, "Nonreciprocal Bloch oscillations in magneto-optic waveguide arrays," Optics Letters 35, 3147-3149, Sept 2010. Read More
- A. M. Merzlikin, M. Levy, A. P. Vinogradov, Z. Wu and A. A. Jalali, "Band gaps in Periodically Magnetized Homogeneous Anisotropic Media," Optics Communications 283, 4298-4302, 2010.
- N. Dissanayake, Miguel Levy, A. A. Jalali, V.J. Fratello, "Gyrotropic Band Gap Optical Sensors," Applied Physics Letters 96, 181105, May 2010. Read More