- Fisher 115
Professor, Physics and Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Physics, City University of New York
Professor Levy's research activities presently center on photonics, with an emphasis on magneto-photonics and nonreciprocal phenomena.
Links of Interest
- Nonreciprocal Phenomena
- R. El-Ganainy and Miguel Levy, “On-chip multi 4-port optical circulators,” IEEE Photonics Journal 6, No. 1, Feb. 2014. DOI: 10.1109/JPHOT.2013.2294693.
- R. El-Ganainy, A. Eisfeld, Miguel Levy, and D. N. Christodoulides “On-chip non-reciprocal optical devices based on quantum inspired photonic lattices,” Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 161105, Oct. 2013.
- R. El-Ganainy, Pradeep Kumar and Miguel Levy, “On-chip optical isolation based on non-reciprocal resonant delocalization effects,” Optics Letters 38, 61-63, Jan. 2013.
- Pradeep Kumar and Miguel Levy, “On-chip optical isolation via unidirectional Bloch oscillations in a waveguide array,” Optics Letters 37, 3762-3764, Sept. 2012.
- Anton I. Ignatov, Alexander M. Merzlikin, Miguel Levy and Alexey P. Vinogradov, “Formation of Degenerate Bandgaps in Layered Systems,” Photonic Materials and Applications, Materials 5, 1055-1083, June 2012
- Photonic Materials and Applications, Miguel Levy, Mitsuteru Inoue, Bethanie Stadler, Editors, Special Issue of Materials Journal, Basel, Switzerland, 2012 Read More
- Pradeep Kumar and Miguel Levy, "Unidirectional optical Bloch oscillations in asymmetric waveguide arrays," Optics Letters 36, 4359-4361, Nov 2011. Read More
- Ashim Chakravarty, Miguel Levy, Amir A. Jalali, Zhuoyuan Wu, Alexander M. Merzlikin, “Elliptical normal modes and stop band reconfiguration in multimode birefringent one-dimensional magneto-photonic crystals,” Phys Rev B 84, 094202, Sept. 2011. Read More
- 1) Thin-Film Magneto-Optic Polarization Rotator, US Patent No. 5,408,565, issued 1995.
- 2) Crystal Ion Slicing of Single-Crystal Films, US Patent No. 6,120,597, issued 2000.
- 3) Slicing of Single-Crystal Films Using Ion Implantation, US Patent Nos. 6,503,321 and 6,540,827 B1, issued 2003.
- 4) Method for Fabricating Ultra-Thin Single-Crystal Metal Oxide Wave Retarder Plates and Waveguide Polarization Mode Converter Using the Same, US Patent No.6,641,662, issued 2003.
- 5) Waveguide Mach-Zehnder Optical Isolator Utilizing Transverse Magneto-Optical Phase Shift, US Patent No. 6,943,932, issued 2005.
- 6) Magneto-Photonic Crystal Isolators, US Patent No. 6,952,300, issued 2005.
Graduated PhD and MS Students
- 1) Haichun Yang, PhD 2005 ////////// Process Engineer, Applied Materials, Santa Clara CA
- 2) Rong Li, PhD 2006
- 3) Xiaoyue Huang, PhD 2007 ////////// Senior Staff Engineer, Advance Dielectrics Team Lead, Seagate Technology, Bloomington, MN
- 4) Raghav Vanga, PhD 2008 ////////// Cosemi Technologies, Inc, Irvine, CA
- 5) Ziyou Zhou, PhD 2009 ////////// Senior Engineer, Metrology. Seagate Technology, Bloomington, MN
- 6) Zhuoyuan Wu, PhD 2010 ////////// Seagate Technology, Bloomington, MN
- 7) Ding Chu, MS 2011 ////////// Characterization Engineer, Veeco Instruments Somerset, NJ
- 8) Pradeep Kumar, PhD 2013 ////////// Research Associate, University of Wisconsin, Madison WI
- 9) Neluka Dissanayake, PhD 2013 ////////// Instructor, Madison College, Madison WI