Yoke Khin Yap
- Professor, Physics
- Director, Applied Physics Program
- Osaka University Global Alumni Fellow
- PhD, Osaka University
Professor Yap is interested in the fundamentals of synthesis, properties, and applications of functional materials, which include B-C-N nanostructures (carbon nanotubes, graphene, boron nitride nanotubes, boron nitride nanosheets, boron carbon-nitride and carbon nitride nanostructures, etc.); 2D materials beyond graphene; ZnO nanostructures; energy harvesting nanosystem; and quantum dots. He has edited multiple books, MRS proceedings volumes, and journal special issues, as well as publishing a series of book and encyclopedia chapters, and more than 100 journal articles.
Links of Interest
- Solid-State Physics
- Nanoscale Science and Engineering (Nanotechnology)
- Controlled synthesis of 0D, 1D, and 2D materials (Nanotubes, 2D layered materials, Nanowires, Quantum Dots, and their heterostructures, etc..).
- Exploration of new functional nanomaterials, heterojunctions, heterostructures, nano-hybrids, and nano-systems.
- Creative use of nanomaterials and nano-systems for advanced electronics, quantum switching, energy harvesting, enviromental, chemical and biomedical applications.
- (Review) Mingxiao Ye, Dongyan Zhang, Yoke Khin Yap, “Recent Advances in Electronic and Optoelectronic Devices Based on Two-Dimensional Transition Metal Dichalcogenides,” Electronics 6, 43 (2017). Read More
- (Review) Chee Huei Lee, Bishnu Tiwari, Dongyan Zhang, Yoke Khin Yap, “Water purification: oil–water separation by nanotechnology and environmental concerns,” Environmental Science: Nano 4, 514-525 (2017). Read More
- (Review) Chee Huei Lee, Shiva Bhandari, Bishnu Tiwari, Nazmiye Yapici, Dongyan Zhang, Yoke Khin Yap, “Boron Nitride Nanotubes: Recent Advances in Their Synthesis, Functionalization, and Applications,” Molecules 21, 922 (2016) Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap and Dongyan Zhang "Chemical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) Continuously updated edition, pp 1-7 (Springer 2016, ISBN: 978-94-007-6178-0).
- Yoke Khin Yap and Dongyan Zhang "Physical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) Continuously updated edition, pp 1-8 (Springer 2016, ISBN: 978-94-007-6178-0). Read More
- (Review) S. Bhandari, B. Tiwari, N. Yapici, D. Zhang, Y. K. Yap, "Introduction to Boron Nitride Nanotubes: Synthesis, Properties, Functionalization, and Cutting," Chapter 1 in Boron Nitride Nanotubes in Nanomedicine, Ed G. Ciofani and V. Mattoli (Elsevier, 2016, ISBN: 978-0-323-38945-7) Read More
- A. Balram, S. Santhanagopalan, B. Hao, Y. K. Yap, D. D. Meng, "Electrophoretically-Deposited Metal-Decorated CNT Nanoforests with High Thermal/Electric Conductivity and Wettability Tunable from Hydrophilic to Superhydrophobic," Advanced Functional Materials 26, 2571-2579 (2016). Read More
- (Review) B. Hao, C. H. Lee, J. Wang, A. Asthana, D. Winslow, D. Zhang, and Y. K. Yap, “Controlled Synthesis of Functional Boron Nitride Nanostructures for Applications,” Chapter 20 in Nanotubes and Nanosheets: Functionalization and Applications of Boron Nitride and Other Nanomaterials, (CRC Press) Ed. Ying (Ian) Chen, pp 551-572 (2015). Read More