- Fisher 219
Director, Engineering Physics Ph.D. Program
Adjunct Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Osaka University
BiographyProfessor Yap is interested in the fundamentals of synthesis, properties, and applications of functional materials, which include B-C-N nanostructures (carbon nanotubes, graphene, boron nitride nanotubes, boron nitride nanosheets, boron carbon-nitride and carbon nitride nanostructures, etc.); ZnO nanostructures; energy harvesting nanostructures; wide band-gap single crystals (AlN, GaN, BN); and quantum dots. He has edited a book and multiple proceedings volumes, and has published a series of book and encyclopedia chapters, as well as peer-reviewed articles.
Links of Interest
- Controlled synthesis of nanomaterials (Nanotubes, Nanowires, Nanosheets, Graphene, Quantum Dots, etc..), and wide band gap single crystals [h-BN, GaN, AlN, CsLiB6O10 (CLBO), etc.].
- Exploration of new functional nanomaterials, nano-hybrids, and nano-systems.
- Creative use of nanomaterials and nano-systems in advanced electronics, energy harvesting devices, and chemical and biological applications.
- Yoke Khin Yap, "Chemical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) (Springer 2012, ISBN: ISBN 978-90-481-9750-7) pp 422-426. Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap, "Physical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) (Springer 2012, ISBN: ISBN 978-90-481-9750-7) pp 2069-2075. Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), "Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene and Related Nanostructures," Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Volume 1407 (Cambridge University Press, July 2012, ISBN: 978-1-60511-384-5) Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), "Nanotubes and Related Nanostructures-2009," Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Volume 1204 (Cambridge University Press, 2010, ISBN: 978-1-60511-177-3) Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), "B-C-N Nanotubes and Related Nanostructures," Lecture Notes in Nanoscale Science and Technology (Springer) Vol. 6 (2009) Approx. 310 pages, 159 illustrations, 32 in color, Hardcover. Read More
- Abhishek Prasad, Samuel Mensah, Zheng Wei Pan, and Yoke Khin Yap, “Alternative Nanostructured Sensors: Nanowires, Nanobelts, and Novel Nanostructures,” in Chapter 4 of Sensors Based on Nanostructured Materials, Francisco J. Arregui (Ed.), Springer, pp. 59-78 (2009). Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), “Nanotubes and Related Nanostructures,” Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Volume 1057 (Cambridge University Press 2008). Read More
- Takatomo Sasaki, Yusuke Mori, Masashi Yoshimura, and Yoke Khin Yap "Growth and development of nonlinear optical borate crystals for generation of visible and UV light," in Chapter 13 of Crystal growth technology, K.Byrappa and T. Ohachi, eds., Springer Series in Materials Processing, (ISBN-13: 978-3540003670), and William Andrew (ISBN-13: 978-0815514534, ) (2003) pp. 419-452. Read More