Yoke Khin Yap
- Fisher 219
Director, Engineering Physics Ph.D. Program
Adjunct Professor, Materials Science and Engineering
- PhD, Osaka University
BiographyProfessor Yap is interested in the fundamentals of synthesis, properties, and applications of functional materials, which include B-C-N nanostructures (carbon nanotubes, graphene, boron nitride nanotubes, boron nitride nanosheets, boron carbon-nitride and carbon nitride nanostructures, etc.); ZnO nanostructures; energy harvesting nanostructures; wide band-gap single crystals (AlN, GaN, BN); and quantum dots. He has edited a book and multiple proceedings volumes, and has published a series of book and encyclopedia chapters, as well as peer-reviewed articles.
Links of Interest
- Solid-State Physics
- Nanoscale Science and Engineering (Nanotechnology)
- Controlled synthesis of 0D, 1D, and 2D nanomaterials (Nanotubes, Nanowires, layered Materials, Quantum Dots, etc..).
- Exploration of new functional nanomaterials, heterojunctions, nano-hybrids, and nano-systems.
- Creative use of nanomaterials and nano-systems in advanced electronics, quantum switching, energy harvesting, and chemical and biomedical applications.
- Ajay Kumar, Pin Ann Lin, Albert Xue, Boyi Hao, Yoke Khin Yap, R. Mohan Sankaran, "Formation of nanodiamonds at near-ambient conditions via microplasma dissociation of ethanol vapour" Nature Communications 4, Article number:2618 (2013) Read More
- Chee Huei Lee , Shengyong Qin , Madhusudan A. Savaikar , Jiesheng Wang , Boyi Hao , Dongyan Zhang , Douglas Banyai , John A. Jaszczak , Kendal W. Clark , Juan-Carlos Idrobo , An-Ping Li , and Yoke Khin Yap, "Room-Temperature Tunneling Behavior of Boron Nitride Nanotubes Functionalized with Gold Quantum Dots," Advanced Materials 25, 2544 (2013) Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap, "Chemical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) (Springer 2012, ISBN: ISBN 978-90-481-9750-7) pp 422-426. Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap, "Physical Vapor Deposition," in Encyclopedia of Nanotechnology, B. Bhushan (ed.) (Springer 2012, ISBN: ISBN 978-90-481-9750-7) pp 2069-2075. Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), "Carbon Nanotubes, Graphene and Related Nanostructures," Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Volume 1407 (Cambridge University Press, July 2012, ISBN: 978-1-60511-384-5) Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), "Nanotubes and Related Nanostructures-2009," Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. Volume 1204 (Cambridge University Press, 2010, ISBN: 978-1-60511-177-3) Read More
- Yoke Khin Yap (Editor), "B-C-N Nanotubes and Related Nanostructures," Lecture Notes in Nanoscale Science and Technology (Springer) Vol. 6 (2009) Approx. 310 pages, 159 illustrations, 32 in color, Hardcover. Read More
- Abhishek Prasad, Samuel Mensah, Zheng Wei Pan, and Yoke Khin Yap, “Alternative Nanostructured Sensors: Nanowires, Nanobelts, and Novel Nanostructures,” in Chapter 4 of Sensors Based on Nanostructured Materials, Francisco J. Arregui (Ed.), Springer, pp. 59-78 (2009). Read More