CN RTEC is a space for RTP and REAC (Railroad Engineering and Activities Club) members. It is also for students working on rail related courses and projects.
You can meet and work on activities together. This space also allows students to come relax and socialize with each other.
CN RTEC Resources
The student center consists of four computer stations. You can access micro station, AutoCAD, vampire, and Microsoft software.
There is also a rail library. It includes several journals, reports, books, magazines, and class lecture material.
You can find books on rail, maintenance of way, railroad design, and railroad operation.
- Four computer work stations with rail specified software. Two of the stations are laptop computers donated to the center by IBM.
- Rail library
- Promotional materials by industry partners
- Meeting table and space
- CN RTEC conference room
- Posters of studies and projects
CN RTEC Conference Room
The CN RTEC technology is primarily a web-based conferencing and training room. It is available to anyone on campus.
- Meeting space for approximately 12 people.
- Large screen plasma TV monitor
- Camera for web-based communications
- Table microphone for computer audio projection and transmission
- Conference calling system (phone unit)
- Tablet for whiteboard use in Adobe Connect Pro
The CN RTEC Room is located on the third floor of Dillman Hall in rooms 315 and 316.
The student center is room 316 and the CN RTEC conference room is 315.