To ensure the safety of our students, faculty, staff and visitors, the Memorial Union Building (MUB) will be implementing the following changes for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Reservations are for the spring semester only
- reserved on a first-come, first-served basis
- reservation requests for the summer will be accepted beginning on April 1, 2021
- Ballroom is available in its entirety after 6 p.m. Monday–Friday and on weekends during
normal operating hours
- offered up as a student classroom, Monday–Friday from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. for the spring semester when classes are in session
- Classroom seating only with one chair per 6 ft. table
- Alumni Lounge will be offline for the 20/21 academic year to be utilized as a University testing site
- Room capacities will be determined using approved capacity guidance
- Room capacities must meet COVID-19 protocols for capacity limits and social distancing requirements based on the current University Health and Safety Level
- Existing reservations will be assessed every week for reservations within 30 days, confirming that reservations are still in line with COVID-19 protocols
- Any additional service staff that are part of your meeting (i.e. Catering or IT) will count toward your overall capacity
Rooms will be sanitized between scheduled events and in-room self-sanitizing stations will be available to users
Submit a room request here at least 72 hours (3 days) before your event. If you need to request a room less than 72 hours ahead of time, please contact the Memorial Union at 906-487-2543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For your convenience, Dining Services is the exclusive caterer on the Michigan Tech campus. If you plan on having food at your event, please see the Catering Services website for more detailed information or to place your order.
View standard setups for each room here. Custom setups are not available at this time.
Late Cancellation/No Show Policy
Please remember to cancel your reservations with the Memorial Union if your group is not able to meet. Groups that fail to cancel in a timely manner are subject to the following fees:
Late Cancellation Fee—$25.00
Reservations for Tuesday through Friday must be cancelled by 5 p.m. the previous day. Reservations for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday must be cancelled by 5 p.m. on Friday.
No Show Fee—$50.00
There is a $50 fee for all reservation no shows and for meetings/events where the first attendees arrive more than 20 minutes after the scheduled start time of the reservation. Rooms will be reset for the next reservation if no one has arrived by this time.