International Action Packet—On-Campus Housing

All unmarried ESL and first-year students are required to live in University residence halls for one academic year and also must select a meal plan. Transfer students (transferring in more than 30 credits), Exchange students, Graduate students, or married students, may choose to live in a residence hall, Daniell Heights or off-campus dorms.

Each of Michigan Tech's three residence halls is within walking distance of classroom buildings. Bedding, towels, and pillows are not provided but are available at the local stores.

If you submit a Housing Application and Contract, a room will be assigned to you. There are a few things you should keep in mind before signing a contract. A signed Michigan Tech Residence Hall contract is legally binding. Your signature on the contract makes it a legal agreement to reside in University housing, the same as signing an off-campus lease. However, signing this contract does not leave you without choices. You may move to a different room or to the Michigan Tech Apartments (contracted) any time during the school year as space allows. If you do not complete and sign a Housing Application and Contract before arrival, rooms will be available, but choice will be limited. For more information visit Michigan Tech Housing.

Kitchenettes are available for those arriving prior to meals being served; a grocery store is within walking distance to campus.