About the Position
As a Resident Assistant (RA), students assume responsibility for:
- Creating an inclusive and safe community built upon respect.
- Holding themself and their team to a high moral and ethical standard.
- Acting as a positive role model.
- Engaging students in personal growth and development through this position.
- Challenging themself to develop new skills, attitudes, and knowledge through this position.
- Communicate appropriately with supervisors, staff, and residents.
RAs receive a single occupancy room, an unlimited meal plan in the residence halls, and a membership to the Quad Core Fitness Center as compensation for serving in the position. Meals will be provided during all training activities and break coverage.
The Resident Assistant (RA) application is available on Handshake. The application will be open starting at 5pm on Friday, December 14, 2018 and will close at 5pm on Monday, January 28, 2019.
The RA interview process will include a rotating individual interview and a practical interview. During the interview, the candidate will have the chance to share personal experiences and answer questions while meeting with professional and student staff. During the second part of the process, candidates will participate in a practical interview. Candidates will act in a scenario designed to determine how best they would be able to identify problems and assist residents in solving issues like homesickness, roommate problems, and other concerns. This practical interview is not designed to test the candidate's knowledge of policy, but instead will focus on how candidates interact with people. The interview process will take place between February 4, 2019 - February 15, 2019. Offer letters are expected to be available in the Housing Office on Friday, February 22, 2019.
Required Information Session
All RA applicants must attend an information session to be considered for a position. Information sessions will be held:
- Monday, December 10, 2018 from 7-8pm in Fisher 135.
- Wednesday, January 23, 2019 6-7pm in Fisher 135