About the Position
As a Resident Assistant (RA), students assume responsibility for:
- Creating an inclusive and safe community built upon respect.
- Being present and engaged with creating a community within the residence halls.
- Maintaining the highest level of legal and safety compliance within the residence halls.
- Representing Residence Education and Housing Services appropriately.
- Communicating appropriately with supervisors, staff, and residents.
RAs receive a single occupancy room, an unlimited meal plan, and a membership to the Quad Core Fitness Center (when open) as compensation for serving in the position. Meals will be provided during all training activities and break coverage.
The application is currently available and will remain open until 11:59pm on Sunday, January 31, 2021. The application includes some general personal information as well as reflection pieces to help us learn more about your interest in the position.
The RA interview process will have three components this year and will be scheduled for about 50 minutes.
- Question and Response- candidates will be asked a set of questions focused around the position and will have time to respond to each.
- Community Development- candidates will prepare a community building activity and present the idea to the interviewer group and answer a few follow-up questions.
- Student Support and Connection- candidates will act out a standard initial check-in with an interviewer pretending to be a resident and follow up on a common student issue.
More in depth information will be sent out closer to the interview. We understand that candidates will not have trained on these skills yet. The goal with these is to prompt candidates to think about key aspects of the position and demonstrate key skills we look for in RAs, such as interpersonal communication, community building, and critical thinking.
Due to COVID-19 and the varying Health and Safety Levels, all interviews will take place via Zoom. We encourage all candidates to look at the resources offered through Career Services if they need assistance preparing. The interview process will take place February 25-28, 2021. Offer letters are expected to be emailed out on March 3, 2021.
Required Information Session
All RA applicants must attend an information session to be considered for a position. There will be a larger information session on Thursday, November 12 at 7pm via Zoom followed by a Q&A time with current staff. The Zoom code can be found here. There will be a second information session on Thursday, January 21 at 7pm with the same Zoom link.
Can't attend either of the info sessions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a recording.