Are you looking for a way to improve your leadership skills? We have multiple student staff positions designed to suit multiple interests and personalities. Explore each job description below to find the opportunity that is right for you!
- Act as a source of information for all residents and visitors in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Handle check-out and check-in of all equipment, as well as collect fines.
- Sort and distribute all mail (letters, large envelopes, packages, etc.).
- Answer the reception desk, office, and duty phones providing assistance as needed.
- Must be a full-time student and have completed a minimum of one semester of academic work at Michigan Tech at time of appointment.
Housing Student Employee
- Answer phones in a timely, polite and professional manner.
- Take phone messages in detail and deliver them to appropriate staff member.
- Assisting with scheduling motel room reservations and take payment.
- Perform tasks as assigned by Office Manager and other staff.
- Must be a full-time student.
- Inspect the general physical condition of the residential hall buildings and on-campus housing properties.
- Work with professional staff to resolve problems with door locks after normal business hours.
- Serve in an on-call rotation during evenings and weekends to provide assistance to residents and staff.
- Assess maintenance problems and contact on-call Residence Education and Housing Services professional staff and Facilities staff as needed.
- Must be a full-time student and have a minimum cumulative and semester GPA of 2.50 at time of application and maintain it throughout their time as a staff member.
Resident Assistant (RA)
- Create an inclusive community and safe living environment built upon respect.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Engage students in personal growth and development through learning opportunities and community building.
- Communicate appropriately with supervisors, staff, and residents.
- Must be a full-time student with a minimum cumulative and semester grade point average of 2.50 at time of application and maintain it throughout their time as a staff member. Must be free of any disciplinary sanctions imposed through Academic and Community Conduct at time of appointment and remain so while employed with Residence Education and Housing Services.