When severe weather happens, students are encouraged to watch TV or listen to the radio for important weather alerts and warnings. In addition, residents are advised to:
- Stay away from windows and glass as much as possible.
- Move to the severe weather shelter or an interior hall free of windows.
- Shut room door.
- Do not use elevators. Do not pull the fire alarm.
- Crouch with your knees on the floor, cover your head with your hands, and bend forward until your chin touches your knees.
- Remain in shelter until the warning has been cancelled or the tornado has passed.
The following are Tornado Severe Weather Locations for Residence Halls:
Ground, 1, 2 – Remain in hallway with the doors shut.
Floor 3 evacuate to ground floor hallway.
Floor 4 evacuate to first floor hallway.
Floor 5 evacuate to second floor hallway.
1 & 2 - Go to first floor interior hallways.
East and North Wads
Ground, 1, & 2 – Remain in hallway, away from lounges, shut doors.
Floor 3 – Evacuate to ground floor hallway away from lounges.
Floor 4 – Evacuate to first floor hallway away from lounges.
Floor 5 – Evacuate to second floor hallway away from lounges.
Ground, 1, & 2 – Remain in hallway away from lounges and windows, shut doors.
Floors 3 & 4 – Evacuate to first floor near guest rooms.
Floor 5 – Evacuate to second floor away from lounges.
Floor 1- Remain in hallway with doors shut.
Floors 2 & 3 – Evacuate to ground floor laundry and game room.
Floor 1, 2, & 3- Remain in hallway with doors shut.
Floors 4, 5, & 6 – Evacuation to floors 1, 2, or 3.