When severe weather happens, students are encouraged to watch TV or listen to the radio for important weather alerts and warnings. In addition, residents are advised to:
- Stay away from windows and glass as much as possible.
- Move to the severe weather shelter or an interior hall free of windows.
- Shut room door.
- Do not use elevators. Do not pull the fire alarm.
- Crouch with your knees on the floor, cover your head with your hands, and bend forward until your chin touches your knees.
- Remain in shelter until the warning has been cancelled or the tornado has passed.