Please enter or update your information to indicate how you would like to be contacted when an emergency or time-sensitive communication is sent.
What is Safety First Alert?
The Safety First Alert service is our communication system that allows Michigan Tech to send emergency and time-sensitive notifications via voice, email, and text message.
The Safety First Alert service can:
- Deliver a recorded message to up to three phone numbers
- Send an email to your Michigan Tech email address
- Send a text message to your mobile device
- Post to Facebook and Twitter
How do I subscribe?
- Log into Banweb using your ISO information.
- Click the Safety First contact information link.
- Follow the instructions and complete the form.
What happens after I subscribe?
You will receive a confirmation email from Safety First Alert at your Michigan Tech email address. Depending on your cell phone provider you may receive a text message confirmation.
How often should I update my information?
You can log into Banweb and update your information at anytime. However, you will be asked to provide and/or update your information annually or when you begin as an employee or student. Remember we can only reach you if your information is correct. See Conditions of Use.
Will you use my information for any other purposes?
No, the information you provide will be used only for time-sensitive Michigan Tech communications. It will be kept confidential and will not be shared with other entities.