Relax. Recharge. Refresh, in a rustic forest retreat. Hike Canyon Falls (or the North Country Trail). Canoe on Lake Plumbago. Feel your muscles and cares melt away in a traditional Upper Peninsula sauna. Indulge in hearty, healthy, home-cooked meals.
Beyond our 3,700 acres, Michigan Tech's Ford Center provides a perfect base for western Upper Peninsula exploration, from snowshoeing, snowmobiling, and skiing (200+ inches of the white stuff annually) to agate-picking on Lake Superior's uncrowded, pristine beaches.
Ready for more action? Our recreation hall is equipped with ping-pong, air hockey, and pool tables. We have fitness weights if you're looking for a workout—and a TV lounge (complimentary wifi, too) for couch potatoes. Play basketball, volleyball, or tennis on our outdoor courts. Pitch horseshoes. Fish year 'round.
Live history, and see the future. Learn how Henry Ford developed Alberta Village in the 1930s, and visit the Historic Ford Sawmill and museum. Find out about the forestry and environmental science education that takes place here—and impacts the world. Bring your own projects, plans, and creativity to this naturally beautiful place that provides a fertile climate for professional growth and personal discovery:
- Full-service conference, instructional, and special event facilities. Lodging and meals available year 'round
- Wireless internet
- Both Michigan Tech and Northern Michigan University are within an hour away
- Two airports within 70 miles: Houghton County (CMX), and Marquette County–Sawyer (MQT)
- Access to major snowmobile and ORV trails
- Miles of hiking and snowshoeing on North Country Trail