The College of Business Impact Scholarship recognizes resident and non-resident high school seniors who have demonstrated leadership experience and academic success both in and outside the classroom, and are planning to major in accounting, construction management, economics, engineering management, finance, general business, management, management information systems, or marketing.
One student will be awarded an annual scholarship equivalent to full-time resident tuition. Additional students will receive scholarships valued up to $7,000 per year. All students who are selected as finalists and attend the campus competition will receive a financial award. The awards are renewable for four years (eight semesters) of study.
Write a one-page (300 word) essay addressing the following topic: "If you were to start a business tomorrow, what would it be and why, and what skills and resources would you need to launch it successfully?"
Who Should Apply
Academically talented high school seniors (who are U.S. residents) planning to major in accounting, construction management, economics, engineering management, finance, general business, management, management information systems, or marketing are encouraged to apply. Students should be able to showcase leadership skills and experience as well as demonstrate the potential to succeed at Michigan Tech. In general, applicants should meet the following academic guidelines:
- 3.00 or higher cumulative GPA at time of application (on a 4.00 scale)
- ACT composite score of 23 or higher or a new SAT total score of 1140 or higher
How to Apply
- Complete the free online application for admission.
- Complete the Impact Scholarship application by December 6. Create an account using your personal email address and set your own password. If you have already set up your Application Portal or applied for Michigan Tech scholarships, log in to your current account.
- ACT or SAT scores are not required to receive full consideration for this award for 2021.
Application Deadline and Other Important Dates
- December 6: Impact Scholar applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission on file by this date.
- December 18: Finalists are selected and notified via the scholarship application portal; applicants not selected as finalists will also be notified on the application portal.
- January 31 - February 1: Competition for finalists and family members. Exact day(s) and format (in-person or virtual) to be determined.
- Week of February 8: Award recipients are notified.
What We Are Looking For
The scholarship committee is interested in getting to know you. Students will be evaluated on the content highlighted in their essay response, as well as on the way the information is conveyed. We want to get to know more about you how you see Michigan Tech contributing to your future success on campus and beyond.
Scholarship recipients must maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.50 at the end of each spring semester. Continuous, regular full-time undergraduate enrollment (12 credits or more) and acceptable social behavior must also be maintained. Students are eligible for the award for a maximum of eight semesters of undergraduate study.
If you have questions regarding the College of Business Impact Scholarship, contact Shannon Rinkinen at 906-487-3501, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.