ESC Member (Seed) Grants
The ESC provide support that will directly lead to future funding efforts (i.e., the submission of proposals for external, overhead-generating grants). As such, appropriate uses of these funds include:
- Collection of pilot data that will leverage a specific proposal effort (e.g., hourly student support, supplies, travel, sample analysis)
- Travel to visit a collaborator or for a collaborator to visit to Michigan Tech
- Buying time (e.g., relief from teaching) for PIs to prepare large, multi-investigator proposals
- Attendance at a meeting, workshop, or some other networking event where specific outcomes include new proposal efforts.
- Costs for personnel or hardware that enhance the effectiveness of virtual team meetings.
Find out more information on how to apply in the ESC Member Funds RFP.
ESC Cost-Share Support
ESC can provide support for proposals that require cost-share (e.g., NSF MRI, REF). Proposals requesting cost-share funds should enhance the research environment at MTU in a way that will lead to future funding efforts (i.e., the submission of proposals for external, overhead-generating grants). Priority for cost-share will be given to proposals that benefit a variety of ESC members (e.g., infrastructure improvements) and/or to support research program growth for early-career members.
Find further details and how to apply in the ESC Cost-Share Application.