The Center for Teaching and Learning provides an editing service to all members of the campus community. Our copy-editing service (grammar, spelling, punctuation, flow, readability) is ideal for when quick turnaround is needed.
If you have a piece of writing that you would like to have edited, please follow the instructions below.
Request Editing Services
- Submit your writing (preferably in Microsoft Word) along with a request for services to email@example.com.
- Include the date and time by which the service needs to be completed.
- The editor will perform a free sample edit. They will then respond with an estimate of the hours needed to edit the complete document.
- When you receive this estimate, visit the CTL Store and enter this estimated number of hours in the "Quantity" box.
- Completing the order will place your credit card number on hold, but it will not be charged until after services are completed.
- If the number of hours needed changes, the editor will inform you of the change and discuss what you wish to do.
- After the editing is complete, you will receive an invoice for the total number of hours that were spent on the project. This is when your credit card will finally be processed.