New first-year or transfer students who plan to major in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration are invited to apply for the Engineering Technology Scholars-IMPRESS program.
In addition to an annual scholarship, students admitted to the program will engage in high-impact curricular and co-curricular activities designed to increase the success of academically-talented students.
Students receiving an ETS-IMPRESS scholarship will be admitted to the Pavlis Honors College at Michigan Technological University, an innovative and inclusive honors program designed around high-impact educational opportunities.
Annual awards are valued at $4,500 and will be awarded in addition to other Michigan Tech merit-based aid students may qualify for. Need-based aid is also available for qualifying students. First-year students may renew the award for a total of four years (eight semesters); transfer student awards are renewable for two years (four semesters). Students must remain enrolled in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration and meet annual renewal criteria to maintain the award.
A limited number of new awards for incoming first-year and transfer students are available and will be made based on the following timeline.
|Fall 2019||Fall 2020||Fall 2021|
Who Should Apply
All applicants must
- apply, or be admitted, to one of the following majors
- be a US citizen or permanent resident
- have a minimum of $4,500 in unmet financial need as demonstrated by completing a FAFSA form for 2019-2020
First-year applicants must
- be a high school senior/early college student intending to start at Michigan Tech for the fall 2019 semester
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- have an ACT composite score of 22 or higher OR an SAT total score of 1110 or higher
Transfer applicants must
- intend to start at Michigan Tech for the fall 2019, fall 2020, or fall 2021 semester
- have a cumulative college GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- earn an associate’s degree in a relevant engineering technology program prior to enrolling at Michigan Tech
Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
have an application for admission on file, or be admitted to Michigan Tech in electrical engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, or computer network and system administration by February 15
complete the ETS-IMPRESS application
submit a 200-word personal statement describing your career goals and why you should be considered for the scholarship
have a teacher provide a letter of recommendation by February 17
- letters for first-year applicants must come from a high school math or science teacher
- letters for transfer applicants must come from a professor within a respective department/program of your major
Application Deadline and Other Important Dates
February 15: ETS-IMPRESS applications are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time). You must also have an application for admission on file by this date.
- February 17: Letters of recommendation are due by 11:59 p.m. (eastern time).
- Late February: Award recipients and applicants are notified.
Additional Scholarship Details
See our Financial Aid ETS-IMPRESS page for additional details.