"You can't always be certain but you can certainly be positive."
- Social Media Manager, University Marketing and Communications
- Story admirer and outdoor enthusiast with a knack for getting to the heart of a narrative.
- Specialties: Higher Education, Social Media Management, Creative Direction, Public Relations
- Senior Content Specialist, University Marketing and Communications
- The former Daily Mining Gazette journalist and editor hails from Houghton and has written for a variety of international, national and regional publications.
- Specializing in feature writing, she co-creates, writes, and edits content for the University, from webpages and Michigan Tech Magazine stories to social media.
- A novelist active in the Upper Peninsula Authors and Publishers Association, the Authors Guild member looks forward to writing more books—and to camping trips in her RV with husband Scott and Goldendoodle Max.
- Copyeditor, University Marketing and Communications
- Former newspaper copy editor and proofreader for a major outdoor recreation retailer.
- Hails from Pinconning, Michigan, and has lived in Western Nebraska and Colorado.
- Combination word nerd and bookworm.
- Doting pet parent.
"I’d much rather watch people do what they do than talk to them across a desk."
- Director of Strategic Communications, University Marketing and Communications
- Rick leads the UMC communications team in projects ranging from media relations to editing MTU News and Tech Magazine.
- He has degrees in geography, environmental studies, and creative nonfiction.
- He enjoys cooking, gardening, traveling, and exploring the Keweenaw Peninsula.