There are many ways to promote your University or Community special events.
The Memorial Union has designated two locations in the building for postings by members of the University and the local community; i.e. apartment for rent, stereo for sale, events, and help wanted notices. All promotional materials must clearly identify the date of the activity and the sponsor of the activity; i.e. Varsity Club Social or Event sponsored by Educational Opportunity. Promotional material will be posted by Memorial Union staff on a regular basis, Monday through Friday, and will stay up for two weeks or when the event is over, whichever comes first.
All materials to be posted must be submitted to the Memorial Union Office for approval and posting. To keep our postings areas from becoming cluttered, unapproved posters will be recycled.
Bring 2 copies to the Memorial Union Office (101) and we'll gladly post them for you.
Keweenaw Commons and DHH, McNair, Wadsworth Dining Halls
Table tents are a low-cost advertising method that reach a large number of students at Michigan Tech. They consist of standard 8.5” by 11” sheets of paper folded into fours. Table tents are allowed in the Keweenaw Commons and Residence Dining Halls following approval by our staff and are intended to be announcements for current events.
- Design your table tent. Make sure it is non-discriminatory and not on lime green paper (this color is reserved for Memorial Union management or Residence Hall information only). Also make sure to include your organization or department name on it.
- Submit your table tent for approval.
- Email a PDF of your table tent to email@example.com with ‘Table Tent’ and your organization or department name in the subject line
- OR drop a hard copy off in the Memorial Union and Dining Services Office, room 101
- After receiving approval, print your table tents: Keweenaw Commons-120, DHH-35, McNair-50, Wads-97.
- Place your table tents in each area. All table tents in each location will be recycled every weekend and in the Commons when an event is scheduled there.
There are two promotions tables located in the Keweenaw Commons that can be used by student organizations and University Departments to sell tickets to events, promote activities, recruit members, etc. Tables need to be reserved in advance.
You can reserve the Promotions Tables through our online system.
University Departments and Student Organizations can take advantage of three display case spots in the vestibule of the main entrance to the Memorial Union. Display case spots are reserved for one semester at a time and should remain up to date with current information.
You can reserve the Display Cases through our online system.