Little Huskies uses the HighScope curriculum.
Our Curriculum Principles
- Aligned with state standards for preschool.
- Relevant, engaging and meaningful to children.
- Content reflects and is generated by the needs and interests of children.
- Teachers support and encourage positive relationships with children's families
- Content meets NAEYC recognized standards of appropriate subject matter for each age group.
- Allows all children to engage actively, not passively, in the learning process.
- Provides opportunities for children to make meaningful choices.
- Addresses and meets children's physiological needs.
- Helps children feel secure, relaxed and comfortable.
- Helps children make connections between what they learn at home, school, and in the world at large.
- Emphasizes exploration and experimentation. It encourages creativity, reasoning, and problem solving skills. It gives meaning to process.
- Emphasizes the value of social integration and provides opportunities to learn from others.
- Strengthens children's sense of competence and enjoyment of learning by providing experiences for children to succeed from their point of view.
- Encourages respect for the environment, property and people.