Little Huskies Child Development Center encourages and supports each child's growth and development in a caring and nurturing
environment. The Center primarily serves the Michigan Tech population. We fulfill
the University's goal to attract, assist, and help sustain world-class faculty, staff,
and students. Little Huskies is one of the many people-focused work-life initiatives
that provides an outstanding work and educational environment for Michigan Tech faculty,
staff, and students.
Part/Full-time Infant, Toddler, and Preschool Programming
Gretchen's House Child Development Center manages Little Huskies. The first Gretchen's
House center was opened in September, 1982, in a single-family home in Ann Arbor,
Michigan and has since expanded to seven locations in Ann Arbor, one in Lansing and
our location in Houghton. Gretchen's House Child Care Centers are accredited by the
National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). This accreditation
is reviewed every five years and is a significant indicator of a high level of quality.
Here's what makes us special:
- Highly qualified teachers with degrees in early childhood or related fields.
- Small group sizes and low children-staff ratios mean lots of individual attention.
- Our facilities are home-like rather than institutional: they are attractive, comfortable,
and stocked with high-quality, developmentally appropriate materials and fixtures.
- We use HighScope, a research-based curriculum for children from birth to age five.
- We set a premium on outdoor play and natural learning experiences. Our centers garden
and spend time outside every day.
- Our programs are allergy aware.
Hours of Operation
7:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
AM Half Time
7:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
PM Half Time
12:30 p.m.-5:30 p.m.