Report a Security Incident
What is an Information Security Incident?
A Security Incident is a violation of computer security policies, acceptable use policies, or standard computer security practices. An "IT security incident" could:
- Result in misuse of confidential information such as social security number, grades, health records, financial transactions, etc.
- Jeopardize the functionality of the University’s IT infrastructure.
- Provide unauthorized access to university resources or information.
Examples of Information Security Incidents include:
- Hacking a University system
- Hacking a University employee or student
- Using University IT resources to hack into any non-University computer system
- Using University IT resources to harass or threaten someone
What to do when you suspect a security incident
Please report any information security problems or potential problems immediately. Timely reporting will allow the security team to determine if further investigation is necessary and to limit any further damage or loss of data. Please contact IT at 487-1111 or email@example.com and follow the process outlined in our Incident Response Procedure for further guidance.