Residence Education and Housing Services is organized around the idea that learning happens beyond the classroom. In order to make this learning intentional and meaningful, we developed learning goals and outcomes to guide the residential experience. These outcomes drive the creation of learning opportunities and engagement that happens between residents and staff members throughout each residence hall.
- Students will be well.
Well-being directly impacts your academic, personal, and professional success. By engaging in self-care strategies, you will maintain healthy habits for life.
- Students will develop a self-care plan.
- Students will practice optimal sleeping habits.
- Students will appropriately address feelings of anxiety and depression.
- Students will take control of their lives.
Control of one's life requires that you acknowledge context and reflect critically to progress toward your goals. Taking ownership of your experience includes making purposeful decisions and holding yourself accountable.
- Students will communicate needs appropriately.
- Students will generate an internal locus of control.
- Students will embrace a growth mindset.
- Students will explain how they are influenced by and impact their communities.
Values and identities drive how you perceive the world, interact with other people, and make decisions. Understanding your own perspective and that of others is integral in developing empathy and promoting collaboration.
- Students will refine a set of personal values.
- Students will explore a set of social identities.
- Students will understand how their perspective impacts their interactions with others.
- Students will develop a support network.
Actively engaging in a community that encourages, respects, and cares for each member will help you achieve your goals. A support network challenges you to be the best version of yourself.
- Students will have regular meaningful conversations with at least three people.
- Students will cultivate healthy relationships.
- Students will utilize conflict resolution strategies.