We are in need of individuals to serve as distinguished Design Expo judges.
Who should become judge?
- Community members
- Michigan Tech faculty and staff
- Michigan Tech alumni and friends
- Those looking to network with Michigan Tech faculty and students
- Industry representatives interested in sponsoring a future project
- Anyone with an interest in supporting our students as they engage in hands-on, discovery-based learning
In order to be considered as a judge, you must:
- Attend Design Expo between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m. on April 18, 2023 to visit assigned teams
- Review and score assigned team videos via RocketJudge prior to the start of Design Expo, between April 17 and April 18, 2023
Judges will be selected based on their availability to attend the in-person Design Expo starting at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, April 18, 2023. Each judge will be assigned 3-5 teams to score throughout the judging period. Judges must review and score their assigned team videos over a two-day period (from Monday, April 17 to Tuesday, April 18) using an electronic ballot sent via email and/or text message. Judges will then evaluate and score their same assigned teams during the in-person event from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Tuesday, April 18.
We hope you will join us at our 23rd annual Design Expo. Whether as a judge or simply as a guest, your involvement in this event is greatly valued by our student teams and makes a lasting impact on their Michigan Tech experience.