Breffle, William S.
- Chestnut, L. G., Rowe, R. D., and W.S. Breffle (2012). “Economic valuation of mortality risk reduction: stated preference estimates from the U.S. and Canada.” Contemporary Economic Policy, 399–416.
Buche, Mari W.
- Buche, M. W., Davis, L. R., Vician, C. (2012). “Does Technology Acceptance Affect E-Learning in a Non-Technology-Intensive Course?.” Journal of Information Systems Education, 23(1), 41–50.
- Buche, M. W., Johnson, G. B. (2012). Inter-sourcing: IT Solutions with University Partners.
Filzen, Joshua J.
- Filzen, J. (2012). The Information Content of Risk Factor Disclosures in Quarterly Reports. Vancouver, WA: American Accounting Association Western Region Meeting.
- Hong, Soonkwan (2012), “Cruising the Unadulterated Terrain of Consumption: Rural Snowmobilers’ Interpellation through Collective Simplicity,” in Advances in Consumer Research.
- Hong, Soonkwan and Chang-Ho Kim (2012), “Mythologized Glocalization of Popular Culture: A Postcolonial Perspective,” in Advances in Consumer Research.
- Hong, Soonkwan (2012), “A Postcolonial Critique of the Globalization of Popular Culture: The Case of K-Pop,” Proceedings of the American Marketing Association Conference.
Johnson, Dana M.
- Johnson, D. M., Jenkins, T. L., Zhang, F. (2012). “Methods for Optimally Locating a Forest Biomass-to-Biofuel Facility.” Biofuels, 3(4), 489-503.
- Zhang, F., Johnson, D. M., Johnson, M. A. (2012). “Development of a Simulation Model of Biomass Supply Chain for Biofuel Production.” Renewable Energy, 44, 380–391.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N. (2012). Relationship Governance for Marketing Research Service Buyer and Provider. Soc. of Mrktg Advances.
- Min, J., Segal, M. N. (2012). A Study Of Understanding When Technology Attributes Can Increase Preference. Academy of Marketing Science.Min, J. (2012). In Segal, M. N., Dalman, M. D. (Ed.), “No-Opinion” Strategy in Survey Research. MBAA International Conference.
- Khalyani, A. H., Mayer, A. L., Falkowski, M. J., Muralidharan, D. (2012). “Deforestation and landscape structure changes related to socioeconomic dynamics and climate change in Zagros forests."
Poonamallee, Latha C.
- Poonamallee, L. C. (2012). “Corporate Citizenship: Panacea or Problem? — The Complicated Case of Hindustan Unilever.” Greenleaf.
- Huang, H., J. Huang, H. Qi and P. Ouyang, “Bivariate Option Pricing Under Regime- Switching Dependence”, 2012, Review of Futures Markets 20, Issue 3, 243-265.
- H. Qi, (2012). “Valuation of Insurance: Insurance, Self-Insurance, or Maintenance”, US-Vietnam Workshop on Multiple-hazard and Climate Change, December, 2012, Hanoi.
Schutte, Maria G.
- Schutte, M. G. (2012). “Stock Return Comovement in the New Millennium.” Proceedings of the Conf. of the Multinational Fin. Society.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Song, L. (2012). “Are Firm- and Country-Specific Governance Substitutes? Evidence from Financial Contracts in Emerging Markets.” 3(35), 343–374.
- Hasan, I., Schmiedel, H., Song, L. (2012). “Growth Strategies and Value Creation: What Works Best for Stock Exchanges?.” 47, 466–499.
- Hasan, I., Schmiedel, H., Song, L. (2012). “Return to Retail Banking and Payments.” 41(3), 163–195.
- Hasan, I., Song, L. (2012). “Bank Ownership and Performance: Global Evidence.” Research Handbook on International Banking and Governance (pp. 42-71). Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Hasan, I., Schmiedel, H., Song, L. (2012). “How Stock Exchange Mergers and Acquisitions Affect their Competitors’ Shareholder Value? Global Evidence.” Handbook of Research on Stock Market Globalization (pp. 181–194). Edward Elgar Publishing.
Srivastava, Manish K.
- Srivastava, M. K., Gnyawali, D. R., Bruyaka, O. (2012). “Overcoming Innovation Barriers: Alliance Portfolio Characteristics and Technological Innovations.” In Ran, B. (Ed.), Contemporary Perspectives on Technological Innovation, Management, and Policy (vol. 1). Charlotte, North Carolina: Information Age.
- Yayavaram, S., Srivastava, M. K., Sarkar, M. B. (2012). “When Do Birds of Different Feathers Fly Together? Impact of Knowledge Structure on Alliance Formation.” Strategic Mgmnt Society Conference Singapore.
Sonia Goltz and Joel Tuoriniemi
- Reinsch, R. W., Goltz, S. M., Chen, H., Tuoriniemi, J. C. (2012). “Applying Indices Post-Grutter to Monitor Progress Toward Attaining a Diverse Student Body.” 7, 372–399.
Saurav Pathak, Andre Laplume, and Emanuel Oliveira
- Pathak, S., Laplume, A. O., Castro Oliveira, E. (2012). “Inward foreign direct investment: Does it enable or constrain domestic technology entrepreneurship.” The Vale Columbia Center on Sustainable International Investment, 84 (December 3). www.vcc.columbia.edu/content/ inward-foreign-direct-investment-does-it- enable-or-constrain-domestic-technology- entrepreneur
- Pathak, S., Laplume, A., Oliveira, Xavier- Castro, E. Informal Institutions and Technology Entrepreneurship in Emerging Markets, Academy of International Business, South East Chapter, Orlando, FL, 2012. This paper made it to the top ten list of the Best Thematic Paper Award.
Dean Johnson and Hao Qi
- Qi, H., Liu, S., Johnson, D. L. (2012). “A Model for Risky Cash Flows and Tax Shields.” Journal of Economics and Finance, 36, 868–881.
Michigan Technological University is a public research university founded in 1885 in Houghton, Michigan, and is home to more than 7,000 students from 55 countries around the world. Consistently ranked among the best universities in the country for return on investment, Michigan’s flagship technological university offers more than 120 undergraduate and graduate degree programs in science and technology, engineering, computing, forestry, business and economics, health professions, humanities, mathematics, social sciences, and the arts. The rural campus is situated just miles from Lake Superior in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, offering year-round opportunities for outdoor adventure.