TechFit available on eligible wellness programs:
$150.00 for Employees (benefit-eligible)
$85.00 for all (not each) dependents per calendar year
(Dependents include spouse and children (under age 26) that are eligible dependents for healthcare)
Check your TechFit balance in Banweb
TechFit is a benefit designed to promote wellness within our employee community. Organized fitness memberships must be a minimum of three months.
TechFit is available at the following businesses (not all inclusive):
- Student Development Complex
- Portage Health Fitness Center
- Snap Fitness
- Mont Ripley Ski Area
- Tech Trails
- Aspirus Fitness Center
- Gates Tennis Center
- Portage Lake Golf Course
You may join an organized class such as yoga, karate, Pilates, kickboxing, aerobics, etc. with the following guidelines (subject to change):
- It must be an organized class, for instance, lessons through the Community Programs at Michigan Tech that will improve your health and fitness level. Minimum of 6 punches for an organized class or access to fitness center.
- The organization you choose must be willing to bill Michigan Tech directly for your fee. Employees will not be reimbursed directly. Organizations may bill on a per class basis until the individual maximum is met.
Other Information regarding TechFit:
- The Benefits Office staff reserves the right to refuse any request for reimbursement that does not suit the TechFit mission.
- The benefit for an employee is $150 annually and $85.00 for all dependents per calendar year.
- The benefit is taxable and the employee must complete the TechFit form when using the benefit.
- TechFit Wellness Program form
Bill to: Benefits Office
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931