TechFit provides employees, retirees of Michigan Tech, and their dependents with a monetary supplement towards an eligible wellness program:
- $150.00 each calendar year for benefit eligible employees and retirees of Michigan Tech.
- $100.00 for all (not each) dependents per calendar year. Dependents include spouse and children that are eligible dependents for healthcare.
TechFit is accepted at the following businesses (this list is not all inclusive):
- Student Development Complex
- Portage Health Fitness Center
- Snap Fitness
- Mont Ripley Ski Area
- Tech Trails
- Aspirus Fitness Center
- Gates Tennis Center
- Portage Lake Golf Course
- CrossFit Hakkapeliitta
- Zumba with Royale
- It must be an organized class, for example, lessons through the Community Programs at Michigan Tech.
- Organized fitness memberships and programs must be a minimum of six weeks.
- A minimum of six punches for an organized class or access to fitness center.
- The organization you choose must be willing to bill Michigan Tech directly for your fee. Individuals will not be reimbursed directly. Organizations may bill on a per class basis until the individual maximum is met.
Other TechFit Information:
- The Benefits Office staff reserves the right to refuse any request for reimbursement that does not suit the TechFit mission.
- The benefit is taxable and you must complete the TechFit form when using the benefit.
- Check your TechFit balance in Banweb and learn how to increase your TechFit Benefit.
- For more details, you can read answers to frequently asked questions here.
Organizations can send bills to:
Michigan Technological University
1400 Townsend Drive
Houghton, MI 49931