HuskyCare Health Plans
Michigan Tech provides two medical insurance choices: HuskyCare PPO and HuskyCare High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP). New employees select their choices during New Hire Benefit Orientation. The benefit plan year is January 1 through December 31. Each November the University sponsors an open enrollment period, which allows employees to make changes in existing coverage using Banweb.
- HuskyCare Plan Comparison
- HuskyCare PPO Plan Design
- HuskyCare HDHP Plan Design
- Required Documentation for Dependents Health/Dental/Vision Plans
Important Health Savings Account (HSA) Information
- How does an HSA work?
- Employee HSA Contribution Change Form
- HSA Deposit Slip
- HSA Frequently Asked Questions
- Qualified Medical Expenses
- HSA Fee Schedule
- HSA Website Overview
Massage Therapy Claims
Michigan Tech’s health insurance covers massage therapy when prescribed by a physician. The prescription must state the number of sessions prescribed and the diagnosis. Services must be by an independent, licensed massage therapist who is not practicing with, or in business with the physician prescribing the massage therapy.
Massage therapy is covered under the Outpatient Short-Term Rehabilitation umbrella which includes a combined 60 visit maximum per year.
To avoid delay in processing, please follow these guidelines when filing a claim for massage therapy:
- Complete a BCBSM claim form
- Write "Michigan Tech Massage Therapy" at the top of the form
- Include with your claim (make sure these are new and legible copies):
- a copy of your BCBSM member card
- a copy of the prescription which includes the diagnosis
- a copy of the itemized receipt from the provider that includes the procedure code (97124) and the code for the specific diagnosis (or the name of the diagnosis)
- Claims may be faxed to 866-504-0998
or mailed to:
ATTN Michigan Tech Claims
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
PO Box 230555
Grand Rapids MI 49523-0555
If the claim or supporting paperwork is not legible, processing may be delayed.
For claim questions please contact BCBSM at 877-760-8575
If you are traveling abroad, your healthcare benefits go with you. Use these helpful links to learn more about the BlueCard Worldwide Program before you travel.
Healthcare Audit Reward Program (HARP)
Become a better health care consumer and get rewarded. If you find errors on your Explanation of Benefits that would have resulted in overpayment, you will get part of the amount. For more information or to submit an error follow the instructions on the HARP Form.