BS with Major in Finance
A Degree That Makes Good Dollars and Sense
Businesses need people with specialized financial training—especially in today’s constantly changing global market. The field of finance is broad—areas like financial planning, credit analysis, and investment banking all offer exciting challenges—and rewards—to those who know how to handle money and predict the financial future. With a finance degree from Michigan Tech, you’ll learn about all of these facets of finance and be ready to tackle the marketplace and make smart investments.
Michigan Tech's Bachelor of Science in Finance has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Program. This status is granted to institutions whose degree program(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Program Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CFA exams.
About the Program: The Michigan Tech Advantage
Studying finance at a university with prominent technology, engineering, and science programs is a real value. You’ll benefit from Michigan Tech’s unique cross-discipline collaboration and gain the experience you need to build an amazing résumé.
- Join the Applied Portfolio Management Program Team and gain real-world experience on the trading room floor by investing more than $1.5 Million of real money.
- Gain real-world experience through peer collaboration with our senior-level Business Development Experience—you could have the opportunity to develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project.
- The Silicon Valley Spring Break experience is a one-of-a-kind trip available exclusively to School of Business and Economics students. Travel to the heart of the tech business world, tour top-level companies like Google and Cisco, meet with successful entrepreneurs, and more.
- Get involved with student organizations that fit your interests and offer great résumé experience, such as the Finance Club, Entrepreneurs Club, and Kappa Sigma Iota, Michigan Tech’s accounting and finance group.
A degree in finance is flexible and opens doors to careers across a multitude of industries. Career opportunities are on the rise for financial analysts, investors, and planners.
What can I do with a finance degree?
- Investment banking analyst
- Financial analyst
- Claims examiner
- Fund manager
- Financial planner
- Chief financial officer
- Budget analyst
- Portfolio manager
Where have our graduates found work?
- Liberty Mutual Group
- Lake Accounting
- Ford Motor Company
- State Farm Insurance
- Commercial Bank of China
- Department of Defense
- Ford Motor Company
- Stryker Instruments