Go Straight to the Top With a Degree in Management
A great manager is much more than just a boss. Management professionals are responsible for strategic planning and decision-making, increasing shareholder value, maximizing the strengths of employees and teams, and leading companies and organizations to success. Michigan Tech’s management program provides opportunities for you to oversee teams, create and execute business plans, and more—giving you the education and experience you need to manage, lead, and succeed.
About the Program: The Michigan Tech Advantage
Studying management at a university with prominent technology, engineering, and science programs is a real value. You’ll benefit from Michigan Tech’s unique cross-discipline collaboration and gain the experience you need to build an amazing résumé.
- With a wide range of courses in areas like entrepreneurship, consumer behavior, team dynamics and decision making, scientific and technical communication, and international management, you’ll be well prepared to handle management positions of all varieties.
- Gain real-world experience through peer collaboration with our senior-level Experiential Learning—you could have the opportunity to develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project.
- Management majors also have the opportunity to take finance courses and join the Applied Portfolio Management Program.
- The Silicon Valley Spring Break experience is a one-of-a-kind trip available exclusively to School of Business and Economics students. Travel to the heart of the tech business world, tour top-level companies like Google and Cisco, meet with successful entrepreneurs, and more.
- Get involved with student organizations that fit your interests and offer great résumé experience, such as Beta Gamma Sigma, the national honor society for business and management students, or DECA, a competition-driven student business club.
Management professionals are among the highest paid business professionals in the world, and our program will prepare you well for a variety of careers.
What can I do with a management degree?
- Account manager
- Executive or assistant executive director
- Business planner
- Logistics analyst
- Product manager
- Business planner
- Business analyst and consultant
- Store manager
- Strategic planner
- Public relations analyst
Where have our graduates found work?
- Quicken Loans
- Heartland Business Systems
- Liberty Mutual Group
- Stryker Instruments
- Emerson Process Management
- Compuware Corporation
- Department of Defense
- Ford Motor Company
- General Dynamics
Management Major Concentrations
Concentrations for the Management degree are available in;