- G023 Academic Office Building
Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Business and Economics
- PhD, Lally School of Management and Technology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Song joined the School of Business and Economics in 2011. Before coming to Michigan Tech, he taught at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Because of his research achievements, he was invited to work as a visiting scholar at the research department of European Central Bank to conduct research related to policy issues in March 2010. He has also worked as an IT engineer at a large bank for one year with the responsibility to implement and maintain SAP ERP, which has provided him some real-world accounting practices. His interests include almost all sports, especially soccer.
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Earnings management
- Audit quality
- Corporate governance
- Financial institutions
- Capital markets
- Hasan, I., Song, L., Wachtel, P.A., "Institutional Development and Stock Price Synchronicity: Evidence from China" Journal of Comparative Economics Forthcoming.
- Majdi, Q., Song, L., Wu Q. (2013) "Do Islamic Banks Employ Less Earnings Management?" Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting Forthcoming. (24,3): pp. 203-233.
- Lu, B. Z., Song L. "Use of Video Clips in a Virtual Learning Environment of Accounting Information Systems Class - a Case Study" Open Journal of Accounting Forthcoming.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Song, L., Waisman, M. (2013) "Corporate Governance and Investment Cash Flow Sensitivity: Evidence from Emerging Markets", Emerging Market Review.(15): pp.57-71.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., Song, L. (2012) "Are Firm- and Country-Specific Governance Substitutes? Evidence from Financial Contracts in Emerging Markets," Journal of Financial Research (35, 3): pp. 343-374.
- Hasan, I., Schmiedel, H., Song, L. (2012) "Growth Strategies and Value Creation: What Works Best for Stock Exchanges?," Financial Review. (47): pp. 466-499.
- Hasan, I., Schmiedel, H., Song, L. (2012) "Return to Retail Banking and Payments," Journal of Financial Services Research. (41, 3): pp. 163-195.
- Francis, B., Hasan, I., John, K., Song, L. (2011). "Corporate Governance and Dividend Payout Policy: A Test Using Antitakeover Legislation," Financial Management (vol. 40, # 1, pp. 83- 112) .