Assistant Professor of Accounting, School of Business and Economics
- PhD, Concentration in Accounting and Finance, Lally School of Management and Technology, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Dr. Song joined the School of Business and Economics in 2011. Before coming to Michigan Tech, he taught at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Because of his research achievements, he was invited to work as a visiting scholar at the European Central Bank and the Bank of Finland to conduct research related to policy issues. He has also worked as an IT engineer with the responsibility to implement and maintain SAP ERP, which has provided him some real-world accounting practices. His interests include almost all sports, especially soccer.
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Earnings management
- Audit quality
- Corporate governance
- Financial institutions
- Capital markets
Recent Publications-Authors Listed Alphabetically
- Song, L. "Accounting Disclosure, Stock Price Synchronicity and Stock Crash Risk: An Emerging-market Perspective" International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Forthcoming.
- Hasan,I.,Song,L.,Zhan,M.S.,Zhang,P.,and Zhang,Z.G. “Corporate Disclosure and Financing Arrangements: Evidence from Syndicated Loans in Emerging Markets." Asian Review of Accounting. Forthcoming.
- Francis,B.,Hasan,I.,Song,L.,and Yeung,B.“What Determines Bank-Specific Variations in Bank Stock Returns? Global Evidence”, Journal of Financial Intermediation. Forthcoming.
- Song, L. “Accounting Quality and Financing Arrangements in Emerging Economies” International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Forthcoming.
- Hasan,I.and Song,L.(2014).“Public Disclosure and Bank Loan Contracting: Evidence from Emerging Markets” Asian Review of Accounting, Vol.22,No.1,pp.2-19.
- Hasan,I.,Song,L.,and Wachtel,P.(2014).“Institutional Development and Stock Price Synchronicity: Evidence from China” Journal of Comparative Economics, Vol.42,No.1,pp.92- 108.
- Lu,B.Z.and Song,L.(2013).“Use of Video Clips in a Virtual Learning Environment of Accounting Information Systems Class - a Case Study” Open Journal of Accounting, Vol.2,No.4,pp.107-109.
- Quttainah,M.,Song,L.,and Wu,Q.(2013).“Do Islamic Banks Employ Less Earnings Management?” Journal of International Financial Management & Accounting, Vol.24,No.3,pp.203-233.