Broad, technological, idea-driven creation.
Train for the eighth-highest paying job of the future, at Michigan Tech.
Marketing is technology and idea-driven—from digital advertising to brand management to event promotion. It’s the branch of business for creative professionals who love communication, advertising, research, and innovation. You’ll select courses in entrepreneurship, global marketing, technical communications, technology and innovation, econometrics—and more—preparing you for graduate school or a career.
More than 350 companies at Michigan Tech Career Fair, and more than 40 at a separate marketing and sales jobs career event. Paid internships. Silicon Valley Experience. Plus the tools you learn to use only at a leading STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) university.
Get hands-on experience like:
- Pitching your business or technology idea and competing for start-up funding during the New Venture Competition
- Gaining real-world experience by working with students across campus for the Business Development Experience where you’ll develop and present a business plan for a Senior Design or Enterprise project
- Visiting Silicon Valley over spring break. You’ll travel to the heart of the tech business world and tour companies like Google and Cisco as well as meet with successful entrepreneurs.
- Putting your marketing skills to work by joining the student chapter of the American Marketing Association. You’ll also get hands-on experience in our new Market Research Center.
Create the Future with Careers In:
- Public Relations
- Market Research
- Brand Management
- Event Planning
Huskies Get Hired By:
- Dow Chemical
- Ford Motor Company
"My experiences in and out of class have given me the knowledge and confidence I need to prepare for my future and career. The large mixture of classes offered ensures every student leaves with an awareness of all business disciplines, which is critical since everything in the business world is intertwined. There is an emphasis on teamwork, and the people I have met in the School of Business and Economics have made my time here so special."
Customize your degree with:
Minors available in
- Global Business
You can also earn a master’s in one additional year through the Accelerated Master’s program.
Take courses like:
- Consumer Behavior
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Marketing Research
- Business to Business Marketing
- Global Marketing