It’s All About Hosting
The most important ingredient in cooking up a great takeover is having fun at your event and sharing it with the rest of us. If you’re having fun people can’t help but have fun along with you.
Bring Us Up to Speed
Let’s get a little more specific. To start, any great takeover needs an introduction to set the stage. Let us know
- who you are (a year and major are good too!),
- where you’re at,
- and what you're up to.
From there, we have a nice foundation to build upon with a story.
Show Us Around
Every Snapchat takeover is unique. From the group that’s being highlighted, to the events that they’re attending, to the individual hosting the takeover.
- Interview members of your group to get a broader perspective.
- Share pictures and videos of your location to bring us along with you.
- Relax, be yourself, and have fun as you share your perspective, it is probably the most important factor when it comes to engaging your audience.
Tell Us Where to Learn More
Once you’re ready to wrap up your takeover consider a “call to action”. Depending on your goal for hosting a takeover—getting more org members, spreading awareness, or advertising an event—the call to action may be the most valuable tool for driving your viewers to your desired outcome. One call to action might be a spoken message telling people how they can participate, where they can find more info, etc.
To be a super Snapchat user, you can add a link to your message. Here’s how.
- Take your picture or video snap.
- Write your caption (if needed).
- Select the paperclip icon on the right.
- Enter a url that will appear at the bottom of your snap for your viewers to swipe up on. The more specific the url you use, the more directly your viewers can find the information you want them to see.
Now you’re ready to say goodbye.
- Thank your viewers for following along
- Let them know what’s next for your team, org, group, or just you.
- Be sure to log out of the University Snapchat account.