In a Snapchat takeover, we provide our login credentials to a student or faculty who will share a day in their life as they attend conferences, participate in competitions, or share their campus life experience in different departments, classes, and groups.
We have had takeovers run in other countries through IPS, promoting enterprise competitions with the Concrete Canoe team, sharing about their work with Summer Youth Programs, promoting visiting speakers, and much more.
How will this benefit me?
- Leverage the attention of Michigan Tech’s Snapchat followers.
- Capture the attention of new audiences (prospective students) and expose them to information about your cause, group, research, etc.
What do I have to do?
- Identify someone (e.g., a student or faculty) who is willing to run the takeover. They must already have a Snapchat account and a device to use it on.
- Check availability and choose a time slot of 1-3 days where the individual is available to highlight your program or an event.
- Fill out the request form and contract.
- Review our tips and tricks for an engaging Snapchat takeover.
Telling your story.
- Everyone (research groups, departments, teams, student orgs, etc.) has a story to tell—Snapchat is the perfect place to tell it.
- Your story may be little. Snapchat is the perfect place to tell it.
- Your story may be long. You guessed it: Snapchat is the perfect place to tell it. Just maybe in several snaps, instead of just one. In fact, if you want to tell one long story, you might ask us about setting up a Facebook Live instead.