Transportation Services

Parking Regulations

Parking Enforcement

  • Designated parking areas (lots and meters) are enforced 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. (except Saturdays, Sundays, and University-closed holidays), unless otherwise noted below. 
  • Faculty/Staff and Commuter Permits are valid only in Lots indicated with their applicable parking permits.  
  • Residential Lots/Daniell Heights Blocks are enforced 24/7 for proper permit. Residential permits are specific to an assigned lot/block.
  • Lots 7W, 15E, 15W & 16 are enforced seven days a week from  2 a.m. to 4 p.m. for proper permit.

Night Parking Ban

November 1 through April 30, between 2 a.m. and 7 a.m., parking is prohibited on campus—whether it is snowing or not. Exceptions:

  • Campus housing residents must park in their designated lot/block.
  • Employees who work an assigned shift may park in an overnight parking space assigned to them by Transportation Services.
  • Those granted extended parking accommodations by Transportation Services or Public Safety and Police Services. Public Safety and Police Services can be contacted after 1 a.m. to request extended hours parking accommodations - those granted permission must have a permit or pay to park at their assigned meter area. 
  • Campus visitors with a purchased parking permit may park in Lot 24. 

Snow Removal

Transportation Services posts notices in residence halls at least 24 hours in advance when lots are going to be cleared. It is the responsibility of vehicle owners to be aware of these notices and move their vehicles accordingly to avoid being ticketed and/or towed.

Parking for Persons with Disabilities

Students needing temporary accommodations should contact Disability Services to discuss options available.

To park in a space designated as disabled parking, the vehicle must have a valid disabled placard or disabled license plate issued by the Secretary of State of Michigan or the Secretary of State of another state in the United States.

Permits are required to park within any Lots on campus. Please see Transportation Services to register your handicap placard and inquire about permit options.