From visitor passes to employee permits and student commuters, Transportation Services handles parking and vehicle registration for the Michigan Tech community. Find us in Administration Building Room 100. We're open 8 a.m.–5 p.m. Monday through Friday during the academic year, and from 8 a.m.–4 p.m. in summer.
What We Do, and Why
We create consistent and clear vehicle regulations to make parking simple and convenient for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff. Some of our guiding principles:
- Anyone associated with Michigan Tech must have a permit to park on university-owned or leased property. Permits are also required for vendors, service providers, and visitors.
- We enforce parking regulations fairly and consistently, because we want everyone who has a parking permit to be able to park in their designated spaces.
- We maintain a fair and impartial appeals process to mitigate citation fees for exceptional or extraordinary circumstances.
- We charge everyone who uses university parking facilities. The proceeds of fees are used as directed by university management to offset the cost of maintaining parking and public safety services on campus.
- General permits, reserved lot permits (lot 11) and faculty/staff permits cannot be purchased with a Michigan Technological University departmental index.