- MEEM 818
- Senior Lecturer, Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics
- Graduate Seminar Series Coordinator
- Faculty Advisor, Innovative Global Solutions Enterprise
- PhD, Michigan Technological University
- MS, Michigan Technological University
- BS, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, India
Radheshyam Tewari was a lecturer in the ME-EM department at Michigan Tech from 2014 to 2018 and is now a senior lecturer. He earned his PhD and MS degrees in Mechanical Engineering from Michigan Tech. He completed his BS degree in Mechanical Engineering from Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology in India. Tewari came to Michigan Tech in 2005 after working for three years in the manufacturing, production, and total productive maintenance (TPM) areas at Bajaj Auto Limited in India. Tewari’s research at Michigan Tech has been highly interdisciplinary. His extensive research experiences are a result of working on numerous projects in the areas of implantable medical devices, micro and nano biosensors, mechanical micromachining and microfabrication, semiconductor fabrication technologies, and micro and nano metrology and characterization tools. Broadly, his specialties are in process and product development for applications involving micro and nano systems.
- Computer Aided Design/Manufacturing
- Senior Capstone Design Projects
- Product Realization
- Production Planning
- Quality Engineering
- Design of Experiments
- Mechanics of Materials
- Semiconductor Fabrication
- Implantable Medical Devices
Areas of Expertise
- Semiconductor Fabrication Processes
- Microsystems Development
- Medical Devices
- Additive Manufacturing
- Engineering Education
- Xie, H., Tewari, R., Fukushima, H., Narendra, J., Heldt, C., King, J., and Minerick, A.R., 2014, “Development of a 3D Graphene Electrode Dielectrophoretic Devicek,” J. Vis. Exp., (88), e51696, doi:10.3791/51696.
- Chang, J., Tewari, R., Choi, C., and Friedrich, C., 2013, A Hybrid Electrokinetic Pump for a Lab-on-a-chip Microfluidic Device, Poster presented at: Graduate Research Colloquium, Michigan Technological University, February, 2013, Houghton, MI
- Shokuhfar, T., Daunais, T., Tewari, R., Zhong, X., Slough, W., Moser, T., Douglas, W., Blough, E., Kumar, A., Pandey, R., Bergstrom, P., Choi, C., Nalabothu, S., and Friedrich, C., 2011, MicroRNA Nanosensor System for Early Detection of Diseases in Humans, Poster presented at: Lab-on-a-Chip World Congress, September, 2011, San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Tewari R., and Friedrich, C., 2011, “Patterning PLA Packaging Films for Implantable Medical Devices,” Journal of Medical Devices, Vol. 5, No. 2, Article ID 027522, 1 page.
- Tewari, R., Vanga, K.L., Knudsen, William, and Friedrich, C., 2010, Process Characterization: Reactive Ion Etching of Micro Hot-Embossed Poly (Lactic Acid) Films, Poster presented at: Biomedical Engineering Society (BMES) Annual Meeting, October, 2010, Austin, TX, USA.
- Tewari R., and Friedrich, C., 2010, “Hot Embossing of Poly (Lactic Acid) Films for an Embedded Cochlear Implant Stiffener,” Journal of Microsystem Technologies, Vol. 16, No. 8-9, pp. 1601-1607, doi:10.1007/s00542-010-1084-y.
- Tewari, R., and Friedrich, C., 2009, “Force Characterization and Rigidity Analysis of a Monolithic Cochlear Prosthesis Actuator,” J. Med. Devices, Vol. 3, Issue 2, 1 page, doi:10.1115/1.3147506.