- MEEM 925
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering—Engineering Mechanics
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University
Dr. Ye Sun is an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University. She received her Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University in 2014. Her research is an interdisciplinary resort that integrates engineering innovation with human health and human behaviors. The primary focus is on human-centered smart monitoring technologies that integrate advance sensor technology and decision support to improve healthcare and transportation safety.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Cyber-Physical System
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Human Factors in Transportation
- Wearable sensors and electronics
- Wearable robotics
- Internet of things
- Human factors
- Li, X. and Sun, Y.* 2019. "An SSHI Rectifier for Triboelectric Energy Harvesting," IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics, in press and available online, DOI:10.1109/TPEL.2019.2934676. Read More
- Huang, H., Hu, S., and Sun, Y.* 2018, "Energy-efficient ECG Signal Compression for User Data Input in Cyber-physical Systems by Leveraging Empirical Mode Decomposition," ACM Transactions on Cyber Physical Systems, in press and available online. DOI:10.1145/3341559
- Huang, H., Hu, S., and Sun, Y.* 2018. "A Discrete Curvature Estimation Based Low-distortion Adaptive Savitzky-Golay Filter for ECG Denoising," Sensors, Vol. 19, p. 1617-1635. DOI:.org/10.3390/s19071617
- Liu, W., Jia, D., Zhao, J., Zhang, H., Liu, T., Zhang, Y., and Sun, Y. 2018, "An Optical Fiber Based Data-driven Method for Human Skin Temperature 3D Mapping," IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Vol. 23, pp.1141-1150. DOI: 10.1109/JBHI.2018.2854734
- Li, X. and Sun, Y.* 2018, "NCMB-Button: A Wearable Non-contact System for Long-term Multiple Biopotential Monitoring," Elsevier Smart Health Journal, Vol. 11, pp. 2-15. (selected for journal publication from IEEE-CHASE’17) DOI:10.1109/CHASE.2017.118
- Huang, H., Li, X., Liu, S., Hu, S., and Sun, Y*. 2017, "TriboMotion: A Self-powered Triboelectric Motion Sensor in Wearable Internet of Things for Human Activity Recognition and Energy Harvesting," IEEE Internet of Things Journal, Vol. 5, I. 6, Dec. 2018. DOI: 10.1109/JIOT.2018.2817841
- NSF-CAREER-CPS. CAREER: System-on-Cloth: A Cloud Manufacturing Framework for Embroidered Wearable Electronics, 06/01/2018-05/31/2023, $500,000 plus $102,410 MTU cost share, National Science Foundation #1751454, Role: Sole PI.
- NSF-TTP.Transition to Practice (TTP) Supplement for CAREER: System-on-Cloth: A Cloud Manufacturing Framework for Embroidered Wearable Electronics, 07/16/2019-05/31/2023, $99,986, National Science Foundation #1941332, Role: Sole PI.
- NSF-ECCS.Understanding and Mitigating Triboelectric Artifacts in Wearable Electronics by Synergic Approaches, 09/01/2017-08/31/2020, $330,504, National Science Foundation #1710862, Role: PI.