- MEEM 925
- Assistant Professor, Mechanical Engineering—Engineering Mechanics
- Affiliated Assistant Professor, Biomedical Engineering
- Ph.D., Case Western Reserve University
Dr. Ye Sun is an assistant professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering-Engineering Mechanics at Michigan Technological University. She received her Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering from Case Western Reserve University in 2014. Her research is an interdisciplinary resort that integrates engineering innovation with human health and human behaviors. The primary focus is on human-centered smart monitoring technologies that integrate advance sensor technology and decision support to improve healthcare and transportation safety.
Links of Interest
Areas of Expertise
- Cyber-Physical System
- Human-Machine Interaction
- Human Factors in Transportation
- Wireless Body Area Network and Wireless Health Care
- Non-contact Physiological Measurement System
- Data Mining in Human Fatigue Detection
- Transportation Safety
- Human Factors
- Nondestructive Testing (NDT)
- Guo, Shuaicheng, Qingli Dai, Xiao Sun, and Ye Sun. "Ultrasonic Scattering Measurement of Air Void Size Distribution in Hardened Concrete Samples." Construction and Building Materials Vol.113, pp. 415-22, Mar 2016. DOI:org/10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2016.03.051. Read More
- Sun, Y. and X. Yu. "Capacitive Biopotential Measurement for Electrophysiological Signal Acquisition: A Review." IEEE Sensors Journal 16, No. 9, pp. 2832-53, Mar 2016. doi.org/10.1109/Jsen.2016.2519392. Read More
- Sun, Y. and Yu, X., 2014, “An Innovative Non-intrusive Driver Assistance System for Vital Signal Monitoring," IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 1932-1939, doi 10.1109/JBHI.2014.2305403 Read More
- Sun, Y., Ajiboye, A.B., Murphy, B., and Yu, X., 2014, “Brain-computer Interface Application in Smart Vehicle Design," 93rd Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan. 2014.
- Sun, Y., Tao, J., Wu, G., and Yu, X., 2013, “A Non-contact Wearable Wireless Body Sensor Network for Multiple Physiological Signal Detection," IEEE Sensors Conference, Baltimore, MD, Nov., 2013.
- Ng, K., Sun, Y., Dai, Q., Yu, X., 2013, “Investigation of Internal Frost Damage in Cementitious Materials with Micromechanics Analysis, SEM Imaging and Ultrasonic Wave Scattering Techniques,” Elsevier Journal of Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 50, pp. 478-485, doi:10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2013.09.061 Read More
- Liu, Z., Bin, Z., Yu, X., Tao, J., Sun, Y., and Gao, Q., 2013, “Thermally Induced Water Flux in Soils,” Journal of Transportation Research Board, Vol. 2349, pp. 63-71, doi: 10.3141/2349-08 Read More
- Liu, Z., Yu, X., Sun, Y., and Zhang, B., 2013, “Formulation and Characterization of Freezing Saturated Soils,” Journal of Cold Regions Engineering, Vol. 27, No. 2, pp. 94-107, doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)CR.1943-5495.0000050 Read More
- Liu, Z., Yu, X., Tao, J., Sun, Y., and Gao, Q., 2013, "Thermally induced water flux in soils," 92nd Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan., 2013.
- Sun, Y., Yu, X., Liu, Z., Liu, Y., Tao, J., 2012, “Advanced Ultrasonic Technology for Characterizing the Properties of Pore Spaces in Concrete," 91st Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan., 2012.
- Tao, J., Sun, Y., Wu, G., and Yu, X., 2012, “Emulating the Directional Sensitivity of Fish Hair Cell Sensor,” Journal of Intelligent Material Systems and Structures, Vol. 24, No. 12, pp. 1484-1493, doi: 10.1177/1045389X12473378 Read More
- Sun, Y., Chung, C.-Y., Yu, X., Liu, Z., Liu, Y. and Tao, J., 2012, “Advanced Ultrasonic Technology for Air Void Distribution in Concrete,” Materials Evaluation, ASNT, Vol. 71, pp. 359-368.
- Liu, Z., Sun, Y., and Yu, X., 2012, “Theoretical Basis for Modeling Porous Geomaterials under Frost Actions: A review,” Soil Science Society of America Journal, Vol. 76, No. 2, pp. 313-330, doi:10.2136/sssaj2010.0370 Read More
- Kung, C.-C., Liu, C.-C., Sun, Y., and Yu, X., 2012, "Innovative microbial fuel cell for energy harvesting," IEEE Energy Tech, Cleveland, OH, May, 2012. (also presented, oral)
- Liu, Z., Yu, X., Tao, J., Wu, G., and Sun, Y., 2012, "Thermo-hydro-mechanical modeling of soil pipe interactions in cold weather conditions," 91st Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan., 2012.
- Sun, Y., Yu, X., and Berilla, J., 2011, "A non-contact low-cost bioelectrical measurement based system for driver fatigue detection," 3rd International Conference on Road Safety and Simulation, Indianapolis, IN, Sep. 14-16, 2011. (also presented, oral)
- Liu, Z., Yu, X., and Sun, Y., 2011, "A blueprint for introducing water characteristic into early-stage cement hydration," Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine, Vol. 4, I. 1, p. 67-70.
- Tao, J., Richardson, M., Yu, X., Zhang, B., Sun, Y., and Liu, Z., 2011, "Evaluation of a wireless sensor network protocol for structural health monitoring," 90th Transportation Research Board Annual Conference, Washington DC, Jan. 24-27, 2011.